Trailers

Beauveaux

I am very curious how trailers for pretty much anything works.
Are there always copyrights for trailers ?
How do I possibly find out if a trailer is copyrighted ?

Asking because I'm interested in posting upcoming video game, movie, product (and so forth) trailers and tell my opinion about these things.

I do not know much about copyright, so I thought it would be a good idea to find out before I possibly do that.
I'd assume that if I talk positively about a game, that game developers would take it as free marketing, but I don't really think so, even though it's "logical".

No harm asking :)

But as I was thinking about commenting my thoughts on upcoming games and movies and sorts, it could work out to ask them.
E-mail reply from their company is good enough, I assume ?
Can't do anything halfway if I'm gonna do it anyway!

But as I was thinking about commenting my thoughts on upcoming games and movies and sorts, it could work out to ask them.
E-mail reply from their company is good enough, I assume ?
Can't do anything halfway if I'm gonna do it anyway!
If you use some clips and comment over them then you can claim fair use, I wouldn't just upload the trailer with no video alongside it though or it most probably will be picked up by Youtubes system

If you use some clips and comment over them then you can claim fair use, I wouldn't just upload the trailer with no video alongside it though or it most probably will be picked up by Youtubes system

Can not I claim fair use if:
I would just comment over the video (with low to none background sounds/music) ?

Can I claim fair use if:
I would comment and use a video of myself (in the upper right corner or something) over the trailer ?

Can not I claim fair use if:
I would just comment over the video (with low to none background sounds/music) ?

Can I claim fair use if:
I would comment and use a video of myself (in the upper right corner or something) over the trailer ?
Technically you should be able to claim fair use in both cases, but youtube might still auto takedown the video.

Technically you should be able to claim fair use in both cases, but youtube might still auto takedown the video.

Right. But why risk it anyway ? Someone could also possibly report it, and I don't really want to risk it, no matter how small my channel might be.
I suppose big companies (some small as well) are able to answer fairly quick so that I can do this 100% legally.

Just as a general rule, anything not created by you is usually copyrighted by someone else. Look up some articles and videos on Fair Use if you want to use other people's content in your videos.

Back