Traffic Sources from YouTube Analythics

Just focus on using SEO to rank your videos in search.

If the video performs well enough in a short period of time it'll get featured on the home page. I'm still figuring out the ins and outs of how to replicate this since for me it more or less happened unintentionally every time, but I think one way to do it is to target a very popular similar video to yours that's doing incredibly well, and try to get the two videos related. The influx of views from both that video and search should be enough to trigger the algorithm to start recommending you on the home page.
Thank you very much for the informations. I will try this. Best regards

Lifetime:
Suggested : 47%
Youtube Search: 20%
Direct or Unknown: 16%
Other: 11.4 %

Last 28 Days:
Suggested : 51%
Youtube Search: 19%
Direct or Unknown: 16%
Other: 6.4 %

I think part of the change (at least from a year or so ago) is that on the main analytics page, the traffic sources used to display percentage by view time and now it's displaying percentages by watch time.

By watch time my percentages for the last 28 days are:
31%- search, 26%- suggested videos, 13%- external videos, 31%- other

But in the same time frame for views the percentages are:
26%- search, 28%- suggested videos, 14%- external videos, 33%- other

So if I looked at it a year ago, how it's displayed would be different even if the percentages weren't changing.

I think part of the change (at least from a year or so ago) is that on the main analytics page, the traffic sources used to display percentage by view time and now it's displaying percentages by watch time.

By watch time my percentages for the last 28 days are:
31%- search, 26%- suggested videos, 13%- external videos, 31%- other

But in the same time frame for views the percentages are:
26%- search, 28%- suggested videos, 14%- external videos, 33%- other

So if I looked at it a year ago, how it's displayed would be different even if the percentages weren't changing.
Yes, you have good search percentage. I would like to get that :) . Thank you for sharing

Mine in the last 28 days:
upload_2017-3-20_18-11-29.png
Can't wait to get more views from browse features but the only videos that seem to get promoted there every now and again are my older videos of more than a year old. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last 28 days
Suggested videos 83.8%
Browse features 7.1%
YouTube search 2.6%
Playlists 1.6%
Other 4.8%

Lifetime
Suggested videos 70.9%
Browse features 20.1%
YouTube search 3.7%
Playlists 1.0%
Other 4.3%

I am heavily reliant on YouTube suggesting my junk.

Last 28 days
Suggested videos 83.8%
Browse features 7.1%
YouTube search 2.6%
Playlists 1.6%
Other 4.8%

Lifetime
Suggested videos 70.9%
Browse features 20.1%
YouTube search 3.7%
Playlists 1.0%
Other 4.3%

I am heavily reliant on YouTube suggesting my junk.
Thank you for sharing your info. I see you have very good suggested videos percents :)

Back