Too ugly for Youtube?

KeirMeDear

The Dear of Keir
As we all know Youtube is a visual medium, So I was wondering if looks really did matter
In the case of gaming channels this isn't so essential unless you have a face cam
But with vlogging I have defiantly seen people being called "Too ugly for Youtube"
So I just kinda wanted to know how people felt about this?

Can you be too ugly for Youtube?
Are you more likely to watch a video of a "Beautiful" person on Youtube?
Has anyone been mean about your videos purely on your looks?

Not guna lie, someone good looking will attract me to click on the video but if their content is bad i leave straight away.

I don't think you can be too ugly if you have good content but the internet is a cruel place, no one holds back so it might discourage anyone who is 'ugly' :/ god i hate that word

Yes, ugly people get no love. Has anyone seen an ugly big time youtuber? I dont recall seeing any. You could always go the mask route. Cuz then its all about the personality and the mysteriousness, so if you have a badass personality, the girls will go crazy for you. rust me, I know.

TheFineBros look like nerds but look at their channel, it's all about how portray yourself on camera. If you project ugly it may come across on camera, also people who have great personalities tend to look better to some people lol. Being attractive sure doesn't hurt anyone though lol

I think some people will get subscribers *just* because they're attractive but I think unless you actually bring something else besides that to the table you won't gain any respect or credibility. Yes, Jenna Marbles is pretty, but if people didn't think she was legitimately funny she wouldn't have as many subscribers as she does.

YOU cant be, but others might, your not even 2% ugly bro, that hair alone increases it to 1000% over XD
Aww, Thanks XD But what people have said in this thread is interesting, its interesting to see how people react to looks on Youtube XD

YouTube in itself need a lot of work. Most people become popular by looks, or acting like animals or broadcasting ignorance. I follow several gamers that don't show their face and are popular then some as you know talk just as foul and are popular. YouTube is by no means TV now THAT'S unforgiving. However on YT you can use your weakness and become famous! Jenna Marbles to me is a beautiful woman, but she got famous for calling on how 'ugly' she feels. And she is funny! You have to use what works for you. I'm a full figured woman, so I already know I'm not gonna win Ms Fitness, but I get a lot of messages about how I use my 'personality'. I actually take advantage of the fact that I am Fat and I love the response! You use what's best for you.

Back