Tips for your video if your talking a lot.

Doug-E Fresh

I've Got It
If you are new to YouTube like I kind of still am and your videos consist of reading a script my tips is do like the do in TV and movies. Only read about a sentence or 2 then cut the recording, then start up again and read 1 or 2 more sentences. Once you have everything recorded then you can edit them together to make a full paragraph and it will flow a lot easier. It took me 3 or 4 videos to realize this and now I do it all the time and it makes recording a lot easier. Hopefully this helps someone.

This seems like a bad idea. The structure wont flow very well if you constantly start-stop and you could easily introduce differences in volume between each separate recording.

This won't make it flow easier. This will make it sound choppy. I'm sorry, but this really isn't that great of advice.

Well it works for me, it is hard to memorize all my lines. I sometimes have a whole paragraph to read and there is no way I can remember it all.

I have to jump in here and add my 2 cents.

I kinda agree with the OP, although I disagree with purposely stopping after each few sentences. Instead I would suggest learning the script. Take time to read, reread and practice the script. This will give you a much better result.

You're most likely going to have to record in parts any ways, so I'd suggest trying to get at least a paragraph/theme/subject out in one take if possible. Mistakes will happen, and bloopers, so you'll have to record in parts no matter what.

The main issue with your idea is that in movies and TV there's a director, and the director is there to make sure the energy, volume and overall feeling remains consistent throughout the shooting. Some people have a natural sense when it comes to this, and so I think for some people this can work and be successful.

I have to jump in here and add my 2 cents.

I kinda agree with the OP, although I disagree with purposely stopping after each few sentences. Instead I would suggest learning the script. Take time to read, reread and practice the script. This will give you a much better result.

You're most likely going to have to record in parts any ways, so I'd suggest trying to get at least a paragraph/theme/subject out in one take if possible. Mistakes will happen, and bloopers, so you'll have to record in parts no matter what.

The main issue with your idea is that in movies and TV there's a director, and the director is there to make sure the energy, volume and overall feeling remains consistent throughout the shooting. Some people have a natural sense when it comes to this, and so I think for some people this can work and be successful.
^ I agree with this. If I have a script that I am reading off of, I take time to read it (usually out loud) multiple times before I record. This allows me to remember the paragraphs more.

If you are new to YouTube like I kind of still am and your videos consist of reading a script my tips is do like the do in TV and movies. Only read about a sentence or 2 then cut the recording, then start up again and read 1 or 2 more sentences. Once you have everything recorded then you can edit them together to make a full paragraph and it will flow a lot easier. It took me 3 or 4 videos to realize this and now I do it all the time and it makes recording a lot easier. Hopefully this helps someone.
With my Rants, Vlogs and such what I do is say about 2 or 3 lines, then swap sides. So when you edit it you have the swapping between two sides of the frame (left and right). This also doesn't bore the viewer alot, and you have those few seconds to practice the lines or think of stuff to say. :)

Watch the video in my signature, that was filmed ALL in One Take haha! :D

I believe it can work. It really depends on your delivery and your editing skills. Different stuff works for different people.

With my Rants, Vlogs and such what I do is say about 2 or 3 lines, then swap sides. So when you edit it you have the swapping between two sides of the frame (left and right). This also doesn't bore the viewer alot, and you have those few seconds to practice the lines or think of stuff to say. :)

Watch the video in my signature, that was filmed ALL in One Take haha! :D
Yeah, jump cuts can work really well. I would not suggest what the OP said only because it really does take away from a natural flow. I have done a few TV commercials some years ago when I worked for Disney, and I can say for sure the best thing is to become very familiar with your script, and learn how to improv a bit so that you can sound even more natural. Very few of my videos are verbatim direct from the script. Most in fact are entirely improv with no script at all.

Back