Tips for a singer-songwriter wanting to make it

Drewbles

I have been quiet on here for a while and even off YT for almost a year now. Looking to get back into it but not interested in having several channels, hoping to do daily stuff with each day of the week being different like music mondays, tv Tues and so on.

Anyway that maybe put on hold altogether. Last year I met a very talented singer in London, we became friends, and she hired me only for a couple hours a week to help get her more gigs.
As I had zero experience in that, I still managed to get her a fair few gigs over the months.

Shes now spoke with a professional promoter and they and several others including myself kept telling her YT.

You want to build a fan base YT, ideally daily if possible. I live about 3hrs away via train from her. Shes a very busy girl with creating new music, busking, her other side jobs to pay rent and so doesn't have the time to record, edit and upload

She has asked me, if I'd be interested. She has used YT but done the basics, just uploaded a video, no tags, no thumbnails, nothing to help promote it other than sharing on her facebook.

She has nearly 400 subscribers already after almost 10yrs. Looking to help her get bigger.

Any tips, suggestions on the sorta daily videos she could do?

Also she is interested in licencing her music to other YTubers but has no idea where to start.

I've had lots of ideas myself, such as live performances cut to one song, cover songs, the whole process of coming up with a song, writing, putting music, recording.
Shes had music featured in a couple films and has an album

Back