Thumbnails: The Way to Sell your Video!!!!!!

Solid Seven

Now when you see a billboard whats the first thing you think........

When i see a billboard i look and think about the picture provided and what it means. THUMBNAILS should be the same.

They Should Show those who are seeing it what the video will be about without spoiling it all.

In my mind thumbnails should be Popping, Bright, and not too crowded with words.

Look at big youtubers thumbnails frequently to get Ideas on new thumbnails.

I suggest if using words Try to variate change the size and font of different words to make them pop.

I suggest using warm colors as thumbnails as these to pop quite well.

If all else fails just stick a babe on the front that will definitely draw in the viewers ;P

Do you have an example of your prototype? I'm sure we can change the way thumbnails are viewed for the future ^^

Thumbnails are definitely a good way to catch someone's interest into even clicking on your videos to watch them, but in my opinion, a lot of newcomers don't need to go out of their way to add every little customization to your channel/videos, such as unique intros and outros, visually compelling profile picture or banner art, and evidently thumbnails.

I think it depends on the video and channel type, if we had bright colourful thumbnails on YTtalkTV it could look tacky but for comedy and vlog thumbnails that usually works well. I cant imagine having for example a metal music channel having brightly coloured thumbnails and a darker theme would work better for them. No matter what though any main part of the image should pop regardless of the colours :) Good tips!

I think it depends on the video and channel type, if we had bright colourful thumbnails on YTtalkTV it could look tacky but for comedy and vlog thumbnails that usually works well. I cant imagine having for example a metal music channel having brightly coloured thumbnails and a darker theme would work better for them. No matter what though any main part of the image should pop regardless of the colours :) Good tips!

Yeah it depends on the video, I use very colorful and bright cartoon like text for my Minecraft Series but I wouldn't use it when doing horror games or zombie games. It just wouldn't fit the game's genre and video, unless it's funny highlights or something.

Back