Thoughts on "reaction" vids?

I think it's the same with a lot of other genres, a LOT of people are doing them...
I do actually watch one or two reaction channels, but they don't just sit and watch a video and sometimes laugh, or make a small comment over the top of it, literally ripping off the entirety of the original video...
Thats what I have an issue with, when its basically you watching someone else watch a video... It's boring and a rip off of someone elses (sometimes) hard work.
But other than that, I have no issue!

I think it wouldnt be so bad if people reacted to their own content. It will be funny to see what they think of the way they did things back then vs now. I know some people do it but... I wouldn't cringe as much.

Lately I've been seeing a pattern on YT. It seems to blow up all you have to do is do "reaction" videos and or mean prank vids. Not knocking anyone hustle, but whats your thoughts of that?

To me its like selling out, but thats just me. Not trying to start any mess to the reactors here.
Its a fad...like the Gummy Bear v Real Food...eh?

Its a fad...like the Gummy Bear v Real Food...eh?

I still have yet to see this so called challenge. It sounds kind of crazy. I have to check this out to see what crazy thing people are doing now. However, this is probably one of the longest fads ever. I wonder how the "ad apocalypse" are affecting these channels.

Not that I can add anything that hasn't already been said, but I do them on and off and tend to watch them myself. Mind you, I only watch very particular reactors and they're only really entertaining for me when...

A) I'm very attached to whatever media they're reacting too
&
B) If the person has more to say about it after

Reactors that just straight film their reactions to things and then cut the video the second it's done is just lazy.

Last edited:
I honestly think it is a cheap way of creating content. You take another person's content and show it to people and record their reactions. Whoop Dee Doo... You slap that together in seconds. No effort needed other than finding people to do your reaction videos with.

I honestly think it is a cheap way of creating content. You take another person's content and show it to people and record their reactions. Whoop Dee Doo... You slap that together in seconds. No effort needed other than finding people to do your reaction videos with.
I think it can be less about "creating content" and more about just sharing a connection with someone over the same thing :)

I don't like cruel reaction videos, but I can appreciate the appeal of some others. There is this one guy that watches ghost videos and has very animated expressions and commentary. I have found myself watching a bunch of his videos just because of how funny he is. As long as it's entertaining to the viewer then why not. ^-^

Do you think having someone do a reaction video to your video would get you more exposure?

Most definitely. Not that I think it`s something you should plan and keep up with because then it just becomes this weird subscriber back and forth and people start to see through it.

Although I have thought about setting up a bunch of videos with friends that just bounce off each other going into react-ception :p See how far the reaction rabbit hole goes!

Back