Thoughts on FouseyTube / RiceGum Battle/Collab

Was it a ..?

• Social Experiment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ben G

So, this whole fight thing between RiceGum and FouseyTube is strange. Obviously they released a video saying it was fake, and indirectly some type of Fousey's famous "social experiments" and it CLEARLY worked. Both users gained many views and subs, and the product was good for both sides. So this social experiment wasn't exactly a social experiment, more just a ploy to gain viewers? What they're message / what they were trying to prevent was being perfectly demonstrated in their fake little YouTube beef. What do you guys think? Was it really a social experiment or more of a viewer boost program? How much did it really help them? Would you do the same?

I think any "social experiment" carried out on YouTube is either a cover-up after the fact to cover for to being awful in some sort of pranking way or just to gain views. Social experiments don't really work that way.

I see what you mean. They might have done that "fight" scene for views, and then it worked out so well that they were getting called out for faking it that they had to say it was a social experiment to limit how much hate they got.
I think any "social experiment" carried out on YouTube is either a cover-up after the fact to cover for to being awful in some sort of pranking way or just to gain views. Social experiments don't really work that way.

I see what you mean. They might have done that "fight" scene for views, and then it worked out so well that they were getting called out for faking it that they had to say it was a social experiment to limit how much hate they got.

Yeah. I mean, nobody is saying, "I really hope I get to see a great social experiment on YouTube today!" People want to see fights or craziness, not someone dutifully taking notes about whether people are one way or the other.

I am kind of a killjoy, though. I think pranks are never all that funny and I think fights belong between the people who are fighting. Probably, it's just that I'm old. GET OFF MY LAWN, KIDS! :)

I don't know I was actually really supporting this. I think that it was a wake up call and I don't understand why so many people are hating on him. People that made rants on him saying that he just caused more drama JUST CAUSED MORE DRAMA. People like leafy thinks that they are always right. hell no. in my opinion fousey did the right thing

I don't know I was actually really supporting this. I think that it was a wake up call and I don't understand why so many people are hating on him. People that made rants on him saying that he just caused more drama JUST CAUSED MORE DRAMA. People like leafy thinks that they are always right. hell no. in my opinion fousey did the right thing
I know what you mean. Leafy takes strong positions on things and they're not always accurate. He ranted about DramaAlert for so long but then I actually checked out his channel and Keem wasn't so bad after all.

The whole RiceGum and FouseyTube fight was obviously fake to me. I have only watched a couple Leafy videos. As for Drama Alert, I watch a video here and there. I don't subscribe to any of them though.

Back