third party conent

Roger Richardtson

yes i have a yotube gamers channel.

I was wondering oabout this game
lego movie video game which i bought for my pc on steam
i keep getting legal isues saying thiird party content but i did buy it legit.
So what do I do to avoid this ?
I know this game is from
warner brother games

and developper is
tell tell game

Extra update
have now send them sales documentation of both lergo and the batman arkham asylum games now.
update i have now send wb games my purchase proof so they can see its not a torrents and see i did pay the 20 euros for this game running it fine on steam. Only isue is when i upload gameplayh to yotube not to facebook eiteher...
Well no this is not a copyright martched content its only a
thrd party that usually means that they think u have downlaod it ilegally from a torrent site warez site ...so how do i then get rid of thiese cliams and how to proofe that it is legal and legit copy of it?other than mailing the proof to the legal dept at wb games?
other things i discovered on youtube there are several gamers guide of same game but how can they make that game without getting flagged then whn i can not ? on youtube i see all the gamers guide are with all the cutscenes of the game too. nothing cut out. . And my current utube channel i only have 17k subs on youtube so maybe they do not want to do deals unless i have mio of subs do u know what is minimum to do deal with warner brothers so they wont flag u tor third party content.

i done some testing that show its morly the new games they are
harsh to judge u before they know i guess .. and utube have also
gotten tighter in they laws and rules

Last edited:
First of all you need to know that just because you bought the game, it does not give you the right to do youtube videos. If the companies terms do not allow it them it is a bit more tricky. As it stands for Warner Bros, you need email authorization from them to be allowed.

I have a couple more questions for you. Are you monetizing the video? Is it just gameplay or do you have commentary on it? If you are monetizing it some companies might have an issue with that.
If you don't have commentary on your video then many companies will have objections with that. By attaching comments along the video you are adding something new, your point of view, and it won't be gameplay solely, which means that 100% of the content you are showing and monetizing belongs to the game creator.

Here is a list of Let's play friendly publishers:
letsplaylist.wikia.com/wiki/%22Let's_Play%22-friendly_developers_Wiki#Master_List

Some info may be a bit outdated, but at least you have the official page to check the copyright notice regarding this, on some of them.

well i did send them proof that i bought this on steam yes.
and no i do not earn anything on my videos
and no have no ads on my website either and on my yutube videos all are with 0 ads.
and 0 monitization.

So another thing is this
i do other publihhers games as well
im not having a only wb games channel
and all the other publishers games give me 0 flags
have only gotten flag on my old channel
and very rarely happen to me.

games like for ex destiny and killzone they have cutscenes
too and assesasins creed which i bought too have sutscenes too
but no flags on those because they are not wb games

another observation
when i go on youtube i can see a lot of other youbers are actually
doing the same game too and i ask them about if they have had legal isues liuke i did with wb games and they told me no

so must be because they have made a specael deal with wb games so that the lawyers will never target them
i mean with all the videos guide they upload they would have had much more flagging and probably banned from yotube for not responding to those....

also with the new
batman arkham knight
wherei i can not get hold of the
developer and can not
get a list of what scenes are blocked on that game as well which actually made me not buy this game the new batman game.
Because in my contry u can not even get a refund if u buy a
ps4 game if scenes are blocked only if they game does not work
i think its the same on steam too where i bought some games as well.

so yes maybe i should just avoice wb games or make a special deal
electronic arts seems to be much more reasonable

have 0 commentary but will have an audio commentary later when i can save enought money so i can buy a better headset than the one that came with my ps4

on yotube i see both with audio voice over gamers guide of this game and with 0 vooicover audio and i ask both ppl with and without if they havev problems legal copyright isues and they all said no

Last edited:
i can see where you are coming from but you need to understand just because other youtubers have no problems that you won't have it either. With WB you need authorization unless you are partnered with a youtube network that has some sort of a deal with them.
You are saying you don't have any commentary, so you have added nothing to the video, this may be a big issue for wb.

well i am partnerred but not shure what u mean...
i have a partner with one of those free networks i dont have enough
to get parntered with the big ones the ones whee u need to have
100k views or be a big channel the rad brad

i only have like 7k views and im only 11 week old channel
and i do not know much about laws and other laws either
so third party message do not make sense to me

here is a screenshot of what it says on my channel when i log in
it says i am a part of the freedom network if u know then i have about 18k subs on yotube

so how do i get this special deal then ?
i just send wb games lawyer an email asking for this ? i mean what are minimum requerments for getting one of those deals where they dont flag me?

ok so you are partnered with freedom. They have a decent range of agreements but apparently not with WB in your case....
Now, as you can see, the way you have your video you cannot win...Unless you receive permission from them, which seems unlikely or it will take a lot of time...My recommendation for you is, add commentary to the gameplay, turn the music off from the gameplay.You need to make the video fair use.

Btw i cant see your screenshot.

Back