The "Subscribers = Views" Theory

So true, except opposite for me, I have about 40 subs, and I have about 50 views on most videos, and my first video has broken 2k views, lol.

so one thing ive noticed over the course of youtube is that just because you get subscribers doesnt guarantee you views.Ive seen people accuse other channels of botting subs because their views arent side by side with them.
For example: I have a little over 1000 subs but my videos only average 300 to 350 views per video.

Take this into consideration:
Every view you receive on a video is not from a subscriber.

Each subscriber you receive will not have the same amount of activeness some users hardly get on, others sometimes and many constantly.

There are trillions of people who watch youtube.
- You think that there are tons of users? I promise you its not even close to the amount of people who watch youtube without accounts.

Another Example: There are many youtube stars who average millions of subscribers but have you ever paid attention to their video views?

- Many of them with over millions of subs videos usually top at 300,000 to 400,000 views. Thats over 600,000 plus unaccounted viewers that are supposebly "guaranteed viewers"

- Also keep in mind referring back to tip #1 "Every view received on that video is not from a subscriber" So the actual amount of subscribers that have watched is less than the average I mentioned previously.

Just something to take into consideration when your wondering why you have a good amount of subs but not a good amount of views.
This is true.

Gaming channel:

27,150 Subscribers and 4,260,000+ views.

I notice that whenever I post a new video of my more popular games I usually get 6k - 12k viewers in a week on that same video.
Whenever it is a different video, with games I upload a lot less footage of, I end up between 1,5k - 10k viewers. Of which the average is a lot lower than my popular genres.

I guess it's just hard to tell because viewers aren't necessarily subscribers and also the other way around.

It all depends.
I have nearly 1000 subs,but 8k+views.For a gaming channel,that"s pretty good,considering that for those channels,you usually have more subs that views in the later stages.
But compare other types of videos,like let"s say fails.
Just type in Youtube "fail",and you"ll see what I mean.
Ppl get millions of views,but not many subscribers,so it all depends on the content you post.
It completely differs.

I assure you humanity hasn't even reached a trillion people yet and it never will............other than that though your theory is pretty much stop on.

I've noticed it on other channels some subscribers simply click it and then do nothing else. Most views are just other people.

And we can always be thankful we're not Michael Buckley. :p

Ouch! But he is an excellent example of why subscriber count isn't exactly all that it's cracked up to be. While he still gets views that many people would die for, it isn't enough make your primary source of income. I'm not quitting my day job either.

Thanks for this post man. Made me feel better about why I have almost 500 subs but get very little views.

Back