The "Subscribers = Views" Theory

Yeah I've noticed how they don't equal out. I've also seen that it can go either way. Some people have a lot of subscribers and very few views while others have the complete opposite. And then there is people like me with very little of both. Haha sorry I had to make that joke.:)

The sub/view ratio varies depending on the type of content the user posts. I do music related how-to videos and have less than 1,000 subs but a lot of my videos have over 1,000 views. My oldest video has over 20,000 views.I think this is because how-to type videos often get watched repeatedly by the same people. It's probably also true because often times people search for how to do something, find and watch the video, then leave the site without rating, subscribing or any of that business.

Only a small percentage of the traffic on youtube are users logged into accounts. Youtube is basically a search engine for video only. I'm sure you use google all the time without logging into google+ right? How about mobile users? The same principles apply, you can use the youtube app without having an account.

Another factor is the users upload frequency. Take charlieissocoollike for example. He only uploads every 2 weeks or so and his videos get a number of views that are fairly close to the number of subs he has. On the other hand, you take someone like wheezywaiter who uploads a few times a week and you'll notice that the number of views per video decreases relative to the number of subs. Further still, look at one of the popular daily vlog channels and they get WAY less views relative to subs.

Then you have guys like Nalts who used to be able to hit it big with the occasional viral video. If you have your finger on the pulse of what will go viral then you'll always get massive views, no matter how many subs you have.

How about whether or not your content is actually entertaining and polished? Good writing and editing go a long way. If you don't believe me, check out EpicMealTime, they blew up FAST. Another thing to consider is SEO, a well optimized video will have a good title, relevant tags and a description. It's a good idea to backlink your videos too.

I'm surprised anyone would think that subs = views, the two are practically unrelated. There are WAY too many factors to think subs = views.[DOUBLEPOST=1367980466,1367980343][/DOUBLEPOST]
And we can always be thankful we're not Michael Buckley. :p

He has his hands in so many other youtube projects, I'm sure he stays pretty busy. He was just with Ryan Higa when they went on the Ricki Lake show for whatever reason.

It all depends.
I have nearly 1000 subs,but 8k+views.For a gaming channel,that"s pretty good,considering that for those channels,you usually have more subs that views in the later stages.
But compare other types of videos,like let"s say fails.
Just type in Youtube "fail",and you"ll see what I mean.
Ppl get millions of views,but not many subscribers,so it all depends on the content you post.
It completely differs.
yeah i mentioned that earlier if you look back through the thread and especially with gaming channels they usually average more views than subscribers ratio wise most of the time(im excluding big gamers on youtube this is more of the case for smaller gaming channels)

Back