The quick and dirty of copyright.

Has anyone posted anywhere on YTtalk an example PDF for what Youtube is looking for when they ask for more information to consider your video for monetization. That would be super handy. Sorry if there is one in plain sight and I haven't seen it yet.

Has anyone posted anywhere on YTtalk an example PDF for what Youtube is looking for when they ask for more information to consider your video for monetization. That would be super handy. Sorry if there is one in plain sight and I haven't seen it yet.
I have not found anything on their site explaining it.

It does have a bit of info when you submit through youtube.

Here is an example of what I submit:

Where song used.
"Title" by Artist
Type of license (Paid, Creative Commons) and main URL
Link to music. URL example.com/link/to/music
Link to license agreement. URL example.com/link/to/license
Let them know that I have a receipt.

Once I submit that they will email me to submit a receipt if they want it.
Do this for each item that you have added to the video that isn't created by you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

I have not found anything on their site explaining it.

It does have a bit of info when you submit through youtube.

Here is an example of what I submit:
Where song used.
"Title" by Artist
Type of license (Paid, Creative Commons) and main URL
Link to music. URL example.com/link/to/music
Link to license agreement. URL example.com/link/to/license
Let them know that I have a receipt.

Once I submit that they will email me to submit a receipt if they want it.
Do this for each item that you have added to the video that isn't created by you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers
I do a lot of work with unsigned bands so I need like a template for my own license or something for them to sign. I have heard you can just write a PDF but I have no idea where to find anything to help me with that, unless I start copying and pasting bits and pieces to make my own version but that is just too dodgy.

I do a lot of work with unsigned bands so I need like a template for my own license or something for them to sign. I have heard you can just write a PDF but I have no idea where to find anything to help me with that, unless I start copying and pasting bits and pieces to make my own version but that is just too dodgy.
In reality the band should provide you with a license agreement, that way they can make sure their interests are represented.
However what you are looking for is just a basic "music license agreement", which you can find online.
Just read all the wording to make sure that you are covered.
As I am not a lawyer, I must advise with any licensing questions you should seek legal advice.

Good luck!

In reality the band should provide you with a license agreement, that way they can make sure their interests are represented.
However what you are looking for is just a basic "music license agreement", which you can find online.
Just read all the wording to make sure that you are covered.
As I am not a lawyer, I must advise with any licensing questions you should seek legal advice.

Good luck!
Thanks heaps. I'll have a look around. It would be great if all these bands did just have these licences ready to go but most of them have no idea what I'm talking about so if I at least have a generic licence on file to show them that will help a lot.

Nice info! You did hit all of the most important aspects of Copyright issues on YouTube! Thanks again!

Back