The community tab

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
I just got a notification that someone posted on his community tab. I think it looks cool. Is there a way to get one on your channel? I don't have one.

A community tab on YouTube? I know on my channel, if you go to the main page there is a tab called "discussion". It's pretty much a community tab. Its where people can post comments on your channel rather than on your videos.

Googling "YouTube Community Tab" brought up this page as the first result:

support google com/youtube/answer/7124175?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

There's also pages worth of videos on YouTube about the community tab including a video made by YouTube themselves at: /watch?v=KLyXhemHIsA

I believe to turn this function on you log into your channel, click on creator studio, on the left side menu under COMMUNITY click on "community settings", then scroll down and you should see a "Comment on your channel" section, click allow or hold (disabled by default) and you should be set.

"YouTube Community Tab" is still a new feature YouTube hasn't rolled it out to the public only a few youtubers are using it..Beta users

only a few youtubers are using it..Beta users

Hmmmm... I don't believe that's correct. Some channels are not eligible for a community tab, so not all channels have them, other creators might not even know about it (were existing channel creators notified?). I was given the option (with prompted directions in the creator studio on how to set it up) when I started my channel about a month ago.

It's a new feature that's been on a slow rollout for a while. I think it's YouTube's attempt at honing in on the audience experience of Facebook or Twitter or something like that. I don't think it's going to be a big factor in the success or failure of YouTube as it goes forward, as I think YouTube is baked into its own value proposition already.

Googling "YouTube Community Tab" brought up this page as the first result:

support google com/youtube/answer/7124175?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

There's also pages worth of videos on YouTube about the community tab including a video made by YouTube themselves at: /watch?v=KLyXhemHIsA

I believe to turn this function on you log into your channel, click on creator studio, on the left side menu under COMMUNITY click on "community settings", then scroll down and you should see a "Comment on your channel" section, click allow or hold (disabled by default) and you should be set.

That's the discussion tab, not the community tab. The discussion tab is available to everyone, the community tab isn't rolled out to everyone yet.

That's the discussion tab, not the community tab.
oooooooh..... Yeah, I did mistake the discussion tab with the community tab. You're right. And Christy did say community. I don't know why my brain thought discussion. I apologize for that... and am totally going to blame the dyslexia I don't have for the mix up!

Thank you for pointing out the faux pas Jesus.

Back