The best CHEAPEST mic for general videos?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Hey!
I'm looking for an OKAY quality mic, temporarily, while I save up for a new mic that is slightly better quality

My blue snowball mic has finally died, It just won't connect to my PC anymore (it was 2nd hand when I got it and.. of questionable quality back then anyway)

I'm basically looking for something I can get for under £10 maybe on ebay or amazon that'll record okay ish audio, my camera audio isn't the worst but not as good as I want for my videos

Thanks for any help!

If you have a smartphone, you could try recording with that. Could be worth a test anyway.

As for specific mics, I can recommend the Samson "Go mic" - It's a simple USB mic with a very good "cardioid" option. It's more like £30 though.

If you have a smartphone, you could try recording with that. Could be worth a test anyway.

As for specific mics, I can recommend the Samson "Go mic" - It's a simple USB mic with a very good "cardioid" option. It's more like £30 though.
I have tried using my phone but for some reason the audio comes out REALLY bad, muffled with a lot of background noise... my phone isn't too new either so that might be the issue

If I can't find anything decent I might just hold out on buying a mic for now and get that one when I get paid :) Thanks!

Look up a video by Ashens. He does a poundworld review and in one of the videos is a £1 mic that sounds stupidly good. I havnt managed to track it down on ebay yet.

Here is the video

Look up a video by Ashens. He does a poundworld review and in one of the videos is a £1 mic that sounds stupidly good. I havnt managed to track it down on ebay yet.

Here is the video
Dang, that mic is really good... Kinda sad I can't find it LOL

I use a $15 lav mic I got from Amazon. I use one on my phone, and one on my PC. I am very happy with the sound. Only thing I had to do was make my own dead cat to block wind, for outdoor use.

Back