Tesla - Love Song - with Lyrics

Bob Wallace

On the corner of 20th St. & Capitol Ave. in midtown Sacramento, Ca. was a popular nightclub called the Oasis Ballroom. They hosted many of Northern California's up and coming new talented bands. One night some friends and I were fortunate enough to be there and see a little known local band called City Kidd perform. These guys were firckin' awesome. As we were leaving the club that night, I remember thinking, "those guys are going to make it big time"
That little known local band called City Kidd was none other than the now very well known band called Tesla.
Yeah, I'd say they made it big time alright. There albums have sold over 14 million copies in the United States alone.
This power ballad "Love Song" is Tesla's biggest hit to date, reaching #10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It also became a Gold Record. The original video for "Love Song" was recorded on July, 7 1989 at the Cal Expo amphitheater in Sacramento. My brother had bought me a ticket for the show as a birthday gift. A local radio station "93 Rock" had a banner contest. Whoever had the best banner in the crowd would win backstage passes. Me, my brother, and our girlfriends made a really cool banner, (I wanted those backstage passes) but we didn't win. The show was awesome though

Back