Temporary Appeals Glitch

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Today I noticed that one of the 3 videos that I had an appeal on no longer had a claim on it, meaning it expired. I thought I still had a few days to go before it expired, but it was a nice surprise. So I went and appealed another video. An hour or so later, I was looking at the claim on a video and the words "appeal rejected dispute" was a blue link, meaning I could still appeal another one. But I thought I already had 3 going. I went back and looked at my other 3 and sure enough, they all had a link to cancel the appeal. When I started the appeal, it says I only had 1 out of 3 appeals in process.

I went through the steps and appealed this 4th video and it went through and I now had 4 videos with the "cancel appeal" link. I then tried another and that one let me do it as well. I kept doing this for all my videos with rejected disputes until it finally said I couldn't appeal any more videos. The text saying "appeal rejected dispute" is now the normal, non-blue, non-link text, which means I have all the appeals going that I can have. When I go through them, I currently have 10 videos that give me the option to "cancel appeal". I wonder what happened and what YouTube is going to do. It would be cool if it was just a temporary glitch but they are going to just let the additional appeals remain.

Last edited:
Back