Commentary Tech Podcast Group!

CasualVince

I always love watching podcasts with people talking about tech news and expressing their opinions on the topic. My father would always joke about me doing something like that and I never thought much about it till now.

So, I'm doing just that and I'm reaching out to the forums to find some people with a huge passion for computers and technology. People who know computer hardware or even software like the back of their hand (or something like that).

Whether or not you have a large or a small channel doesn't matter. It's all about the person you are and your knowledge of the tech world and news. The process will be lengthy, but those committed will answer the call (maybe, I don't actually know).

Topics would be current events found on tech websites like Tomshardware, Pcper, etc. The topics are not limited to tech, but that would be the basis. Topics could go as far as politics (for whatever reason).
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now on to application process:

Contact me via email (csulvince@gmail.com NOTE: Must be via email not replying to this thread) , explaining your knowledge and experience in computer hardware or software (general technology is fine too) and why you would want to be in such a group. Also be sure to write your Skype account and YouTube channel. Expect a response in 1-2 days (possibly more)

I may not be able to respond to everyone, but those I do respond to will get an email showing my Skype username and a time in which I'd want to contact them. I would expect a reply in 48 hours at most from the time of the email stating whether you would be available and if not, a time that would suit your schedule.

The "interview" would just be a conversation where the applicant and I would just talk about technology and our experiences with it among other topics. (I may or may not have set questions to ask). In 1 to 3 days (hopefully not more) I will contact the applicant stating whether or not they have been accepted for the spot.

After spots are filled, those involved will come up with a time to schedule the podcast that is reasonable for our schedules. Also, other applicants will be informed of the filled spots as well as further applicants.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Why is the process so extensive?:

I understand if the process may seem over the top or too much like a job application type thing, but I truly am looking for those people who are committed and passionate. Those who don't care about how unpopular the podcast may be (trust me it will be at first), but still continue on with the show.

Without such a lengthy application process, I wouldn't know whether the person would be more or equally knowledgeable as me on the topics to keep a stable conversion on it. I'd also need to see how our personalities mix and whether we'd be able to stand each other's company. I wouldn't just want this person to be a co-host, but someone I could eventually call friend in the long run (obviously not right off the bat, as we will have just met).

More About Me:

I am currently a fourteen-year-old boy and an incoming freshman, so I am no doubt a young person. I understand if this info would deter you from applying, but I might as well be honest now (if you really care about whether I am a "squeaker" or not just check out the YouTube channel). In my opinion, age is no representation of how knowledgeable one is (in fact most of my knowledge of tech is either from first-hand experience or researching on free time).

I am an April Fools baby.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you would like to get a glimpse of who I am just check out my YouTube channel (Doesn't show all my personality as I'm still getting used to the whole YouTube thing).

Contact Info:
csulvince@gmail.com

If you have any questions about the requirements (equipment, recording, etc.) contact me via email.

Last edited:
What would it be on? Software? Hardware? Like what kind of tech talk? Talking about current events? Certain technology topics?

Whoops, should have state that. :p

Most of the topics would be current events in technology. For example if we were to go into this week's recent news, it would be Google new $200 router, the GTX 950, WB's Arkham Knight patch, etc.

Hardware would be the basis, but it could be anywhere from computers to cars.

ok dude ... lets get one thing streight .... you say you are 14 and have that voice ? I have no ideea what you what you eat .... but I need it as well hahahaha .... joke aside man, I am old school tech and it would be interesting to see what the new generation is in to, can I join ?

Back