tax?

CatsRants

I Love YTtalk
I know this is a long way off for me as I am just starting out, but positive thinking aye!? Just wondering, do those of you who earn money from YouTube pay tax on it? I'm from the UK if that helps, I think our systems are different, thanks! :)

I know this is a long way off for me as I am just starting out, but positive thinking aye!? Just wondering, do those of you who earn money from YouTube pay tax on it? I'm from the UK if that helps, I think our systems are different, thanks! :)
I think tax is there and it depends from country to country

The government takes a chunk of my earnings which is kind of annoying. But I write off YouTube related expenses such as my camera, microphones, memory cards, etc.

aaah okay cool thank you! I thought they would! Even when I was on minimum wage at 18 they still taxed me a fortune! Do they just take it directly or do you have to call up and declare it? :) Thanks.

I know through RPM/Maker they sent me a tax form to use on my taxes for misc. income. The plus side, as ThioJoe stated, is being able to keep reciepts for all related Youtube costs (new equipment, etc) and being able to write them off.

Before I got the form, I declared it as additional income, just without the fancy form.

Back