Taking the leap......my first blog

Annette Regina

Liking YTtalk
So i've had about 4 sit down videos so far and while they are great, I don't want to start sounding too "preachy" in my videos and would love my subs to get to know me a little better. So, I'm going to do some vlogging this weekend and next (super bowl weekend).

The issue is while I use my camera, tripod and lights for my sit down videos, I don't want to carry my heavy camera around and my BF also doesn't want it to fall/break because it cost a heafty sum. I am going to use my iPhone 7 plus. Can I get good quality videos from my iPhone? After all, it is the most recent version there is....

Thoughts?

Hey, good luck on your channel! Just checked out some of your videos and agh you are sooo pretty. I suggest using your iPhone 7 Plus. That's what I use for my vlogs (well, the one Christmas vlog I have up on my channel..) You can put the iPhone on a selfie stick when you're out vlogging.. there are also handheld things for DSLRs' that you can buy that will allow you to hold the DSLR up safely as well.

The iPhone 7 will easily be fine for on-the-go vlogging, don't you worry. All the best with it, I hope you have fun!

Hey, good luck on your channel! Just checked out some of your videos and agh you are sooo pretty. I suggest using your iPhone 7 Plus. That's what I use for my vlogs (well, the one Christmas vlog I have up on my channel..) You can put the iPhone on a selfie stick when you're out vlogging.. there are also handheld things for DSLRs' that you can buy that will allow you to hold the DSLR up safely as well.

Oh wow! I will definitely try that then! Thanks and thanks for checking out my channel!

I used my IPhone 6 recently for an "on the fly" video. The quality was really excellent, I think the camera is the same for the IPhone 7.

I did use my iPhone for vlogs before, it worked really well, quality was good enough. I've since upgraded to a Sony RX100, which is better but the iPhone still did a great job.

Your phone will definitely be a good option. Just make sure that you have the space. I'm an Android user so I'm not really sure how the IPhones space storage is. You don't want to be recording and then have to either delete something or stop because of space.

Your phone will definitely be a good option. Just make sure that you have the space. I'm an Android user so I'm not really sure how the IPhones space storage is. You don't want to be recording and then have to either delete something or stop because of space.

I have about 64gig so I might be okay for now. I'll also email myself the videos to save space. We'll see how it goes! Thanks!

I have about 64gig so I might be okay for now. I'll also email myself the videos to save space. We'll see how it goes! Thanks!

You'll definitely be okay. I too have decided to start a vlog on my channel. I'm excited and can't wait to see what you have in store.

Back