Take that YouTube!!

have you ever had to dispute a copyright?

• Total voters

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Well about a month ago, one of my videos had been flagged as having copyright infringement.

This one...

In the video I put my rendition of "La Gioconda - Dance of Hours".
YouTube didn't believe it was my version, and so it had been flagged as Disney's Fantasia's version."

This one....

It doesn't really sound the same if you ask me. I told them straight out. "I created this using midi controllers, Sheet music, Synthesizers and Music production software. If you listen to both you will clearly hear the differences. To top it all off, since my version was recorded using midi, it has perfect rhythm. Unlike the orchestra version that have a much more organic feel to them." Etc....

Well after a few weeks of back and forth, I finally won my point!!!!

the only thing now, is that I kinda want to monetize the video, but don't want to play with fire, so I probably wont even attempt it.

I cant be bothered after my latest experiences even though I won and crap. To me its simply not worth the time and exasperation and yes you will go through this with monetization they are two different piles of staff. In my mind a trained monkey would know the difference in the cases of most of their decisions. They are just too lazy to hire one :p

congrats!

ps you have disabled watching embedded videos hehe

I cant be bothered after my latest experiences even though I won and crap. To me its simply not worth the time and exasperation and yes you will go through this with monetization they are two different piles of staff. In my mind a trained monkey would know the difference in the cases of most of their decisions. They are just too lazy to hire one :p

congrats!

ps you have disabled watching embedded videos hehe
you sure, it plays for me. :S
--- merged: Jun 26, 2012 at 12:07 AM ---
ok weird.. it played for me, but you were right it was disabled. I think it might have been youtube's doing.

i did in the past just when i had a machinima contract my entire chanel was removed :/ well lifes little wonders lol

Great news, I am glad it all worked out good in the end :)
thanks but it wont be the last time. I am having to go through a similar process again with my "Hate on me" video. Funny things is that it used to be monetized with no problems, but i had removed the adds. Now i want ti monetize it once again and they are giving me a hard time. Lol

It never ends.

thanks but it wont be the last time. I am having to go through a similar process again with my "Hate on me" video. Funny things is that it used to be monetized with no problems, but i had removed the adds. Now i want ti monetize it once again and they are giving me a hard time. Lol

It never ends.
I have to say that trying to basically put stuff on youtube as "a little person" is seriously a test of will. I ran out of will to deal with it hopefully your willing to put up with it longer then me .. mind you i have been putting up with it for a couple years in one form or another .. . Dont try to look for logic you wont find any. My latest set of mails (today actually) was over something they had left aside for gosh 4 weeks plus now from their monitization dept. I gave them info you know to prove stuff and when they rejected the info I said can you tell me why. Their response was and I quote "we dont give out advice on copyright". I answered back to them "well how can you say my video is not valid for monitization because you feel it has a copyright issue?". I am going to assume that they wont be answering that question hehe.

I have to say that trying to basically put stuff on youtube as "a little person" is seriously a test of will. I ran out of will to deal with it hopefully your willing to put up with it longer then me .. mind you i have been putting up with it for a couple years in one form or another .. . Dont try to look for logic you wont find any. My latest set of mails (today actually) was over something they had left aside for gosh 4 weeks plus now from their monitization dept. I gave them info you know to prove stuff and when they rejected the info I said can you tell me why. Their response was and I quote "we dont give out advice on copyright". I answered back to them "well how can you say my video is not valid for monitization because you feel it has a copyright issue?". I am going to assume that they wont be answering that question hehe.

Was it a harsh as this before everyone could easily monetise their videos? I wonder if its become worse as they allowed anyone and their grandmother to monetise.

Back