"Take a break" (new feature)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
YouTube now has a new feature to remind you to take a break from Youtube, instead of binge watching cat videos for hours on end.

The feature is called "Take a break" and can be activated as follows:

First, make sure you have the latest version of YouTube on your Android or iOS device. Next, tap on your profile button in the top right of the display. Tap on Settings and at the top of the display you’ll see, “Remind me to take a break.”

Next to it you’ll see “never,” which means you’re going to have to opt in.

Tap on “never” and you’ll be presented with a choice of time frames (15, 30, 60 minutes, and so on) indicating how often you’ll be reminded — via an alert — to go away and do something more productive.

Source and full article: https://www.digitaltrends.com/web/youtube-take-a-break/

(I'm guessing they're providing this option proactively so as to avoid the politicans forcing it upon them like I discussed here.)

Will you be using this new feature? :)

YouTube now has a new feature to remind you to take a break from Youtube, instead of binge watching cat videos for hours on end.

The feature is called "Take a break" and can be activated as follows:

First, make sure you have the latest version of YouTube on your Android or iOS device. Next, tap on your profile button in the top right of the display. Tap on Settings and at the top of the display you’ll see, “Remind me to take a break.”

Next to it you’ll see “never,” which means you’re going to have to opt in.

Tap on “never” and you’ll be presented with a choice of time frames (15, 30, 60 minutes, and so on) indicating how often you’ll be reminded — via an alert — to go away and do something more productive.

Source and full article: https://www.digitaltrends.com/web/youtube-take-a-break/

(I'm guessing they're providing this option proactively so as to avoid the politicans forcing it upon them like I discussed here.)

Will you be using this new feature? :)

I hardly ever watch YouTube on my phone so it wouldn't really be of much use to me, I would probably enable it if I regularly used it on my phone though as I have a tendency to lose track of time when watching video.

Ooh that's cool. I just wonder how many people would use it, and how many people would try to use it but ignore it lol.

I wonder if this'll come back to bite YouTube in the rear and everyone gets a lot less views because they're being told to go away. lol

No I won’t be using the feature. I know a few big YouTubers are complaining about the knee feture, their affair it’s going to cause subscribers to not be get notifications and their viewes will be going down.

Back