Switch music mid video?

Gods of Odds

Loving YTtalk
I'm just trying to edit my video and add music to it but I want more than one music track in it but when I make the transition from one track to the other track, it just sounds a bit wrong and like it shouldn't be happening but the music does go with what I'm saying in the commentary. What do you do as a sort of transition or to make it sound better?

What sort of video is it? Is it a vlog? Game play or other?

If it's a vlog, can you just look at the camera for a second, no music then start with another?

Or depending on the two types of music, and what editing program you are using, try matching up the sound waves and fading one in and one out slightly by changing sound levels?

It's kind of a hard question for me to answer if I don't know the songs and video style etc

I recently had this problem as well and I just slowly faded in the second song and people had no complaints about it! You just have to experiment with what you do since there isn't really a good or bad thing to do. It's all personal preference and you'll get it eventually by just trying certain things!

I recently had this problem as well and I just slowly faded in the second song and people had no complaints about it! You just have to experiment with what you do since there isn't really a good or bad thing to do. It's all personal preference and you'll get it eventually by just trying certain things!
Yup, like he said above ^ just do a slow gradual fade with the two different parts of audio. Similar to a crossfade in video. :) In my editor, it's called "constant gain" but idk what it would be called in yours. What editor do you use?

What I always do is when i say something funny and something funny happened. i stop the music, to emphasis the funny event. then start the next music in the next cut. I do it in my recent videos.

Back