Switch between 2 cameras during live stream?

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Anybody here have experience switching between 2 cameras during a live stream? I've got a regular "face" camera and an overhead camera for cooking. Wondering how I can switch between the two during a live YouTube broadcast. I've seen other channels do this live, but I'm curious if they are using the multi-cam feature in YouTube or if they are using a hardware switching board fed into a computer.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Broadcasting Softwares like OBS Studio let you set up "Scenes" that are basically combinations of video feeds, overlays, etcetera, and give you the possibiliy to switch between them on the fly. What I guess they do is to switch between a scene and the other as they are broadcasting, OBS allows to fade between them.

Broadcasting Softwares like OBS Studio let you set up "Scenes" that are basically combinations of video feeds, overlays, etcetera, and give you the possibiliy to switch between them on the fly. What I guess they do is to switch between a scene and the other as they are broadcasting, OBS allows to fade between them.

Thank you for this. I've read about OBS. Looks like I need to check it out. Thanks!

Yes OBS is a pretty straightforward program to use with all sorts of nifty things you can do with it. Overlays, Double cams, music etc. If you get stuck don't hesitate to give me a shout and I'll help out!

Back