Surround or Stereo Gaming Headset?

aranyoli1231

Entertainer/Vlogger aka Da Boss
Hey guys! I'm going to get a new turtle beach gaming headset and i'm wondering if the surround sound is worth the extra money? Please help me because i'm looking for a really good headset

Surround sound tends to have better quality - you can hear which direction specific sounds are coming from. I see you play alot of COD so IMO it would be worth it.

Surround sound tends to have better quality - you can hear which direction specific sounds are coming from. I see you play alot of COD so IMO it would be worth it.
Not true. I assume you play BO2, where sound is useless. Unless you play a lot of CoD 4/MW2, you're fine with stereo. MW3 and BO2 have very broken sound systems

I don't know what to get cause the stereo costs 30 dollars less but it's still 170 dollars.

Gaming - Surround for sure
Music - Can go either way. If the surrounds good quality, then surround. If it's low end, stereo.

I use Corsair Vengeance 1500s.

Digital 7.1 surround.

PHENOMINAL HEADPHONES.

You can get them for like 70-80 bucks if you look around, I got mine for $69.99 even though they retail $119.99 (found a sale).

Highly recommend them.

Gaming - Surround for sure
Music - Can go either way. If the surrounds good quality, then surround. If it's low end, stereo.

I use Corsair Vengeance 1500s.

Digital 7.1 surround.

PHENOMINAL HEADPHONES.

You can get them for like 70-80 bucks if you look around, I got mine for $69.99 even though they retail $119.99 (found a sale).

Highly recommend them.

If you're bound and determined to spend that much, go for it, but like Kensharma has already said, you do not need to drop that much to get good headphones. If it's JUST for gaming, I'd recommend dropping no more than $60 -$70. I roll with a $30 pair of Trittons myself, as they're mostly for talking to my buddies and hearing a bit of the sound. If you're looking for really good sound quality, then that can be had for far less. Save your cash, don't do Turtle Beach.

Back