Super Chat Worse Than Fan Funding

Bobert

So I used super chat in my stream today and I do believe it's actually a step down from fan funding. First of all, it can be only used during a live stream, it cannot be used as an annotation when the stream is completed, although it does highlight text when you donate so did fan funding during a live stream. Super chat is also not clearly labeled. It's a gray money sign at the bottom of the chat box. While fan funding was an annotation on the actual stream. Overall I don't like it and I don't want to see fan funding go away

Unfortunately, FF isn't gonna be back, because YT sees SC as a way to bring in more income. To think about it, it's a win-win situation. As a viewer, I wanna get my messages across while the uploader enjoys the dough. You can't do that with FF though.

There are people willing to pay premium just for exposure.

the fact that it is live only shows how much they don't care about content.

the gamers and live streamers are the ones already favoured by the system.
why aren't YouTube targeting the creators that are struggling? The musicians, filmmakers, animators and other slow uploaders. MANY of them rely on patreon. If YouTube had its own version of that it would be able to help support that type of content. But instead, they delete the only support they had (fan funding) before it even became available to most countries, and they make it live only.

*slow clap*

fan funding never even came to the uk, so I never got a chance to use it, but I do believe super chat should have been incorporated as well as fan funding, as i think fan funding was a much better feature and i was looking forward to being able to use it one day, superchat is pointless as i barely ever livestream anyway, and I'm too small for anyone to want to send me money to be noticed so

Unfortunately, FF isn't gonna be back, because YT sees SC as a way to bring in more income. To think about it, it's a win-win situation. As a viewer, I wanna get my messages across while the uploader enjoys the dough. You can't do that with FF though.

There are people willing to pay premium just for exposure.

Fan Funding received that feature during live streams later on... somebody donated 10 bucks and their comment became green and hung at the top of the comments

My personal silver lining on this issue is that this made me finally set aside my reservations and get off my butt to start setting up a Patreon.
I will have one go up before Fan Funding is gone for good at the end of the month.

It's still BS, but hey... I'll take any positive side to this that I can get.

Fan Funding received that feature during live streams later on... somebody donated 10 bucks and their comment became green and hung at the top of the comments

I see. Too bad it's never been supported in my country so I didn't had the privilege to see it in action.

I was thinking about activating the YouTube fan funding if I got to 10k subscribers. Oops. Missed that bus. Oh well...

The only thing I can think of for us slower content creators would be to stream myself working on my content. lol! I have a quiet/boring "live" personality, so it'll be total Snoresville.... =/

I wish they would bring it back, but I guess there are other avenues for something like that...Peter Hollens is a Patreon inspiration!

Yup I never even got to enabling Fan Funding (actually not sure if I was even eligible, I might have been) but I didn't feel I had enough subscribers and I got very inactive due to life issues to justify it.

This is an interesting development by YouTube. It encourages more live streaming which produces more videos which rakes in more ad revenue. It also encourages the channel content creators to go live because there is a chance they might be rewarded directly from their viewers.

I'm not sure what I think of it. I don't think I have the fan base to "go live" just yet. But when I think about it, it does sound like a genius move from a business point of view.

Back