Suggestions as to how to get subscribers without asking for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah id say we agree with this, asking for subs before the video ha begun is a really bad idea! Yeah i guess it seems to be okay to ask, however trying to come up with a funny way of doing so may be tricky![DOUBLEPOST=1439074669,1439074517][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hey that actually just gave me a really good idea for a video outro before the endslate begins! Ill pose it to the guys tomorrow! Thanks!
Awesome bro! I can't wait to see it!

Only at the end, if at all.

Also your sub to view rate is actually really high. So you shouldn't at the moment be needing to worry about that. 61 subscribers with only 700 total views is actually really high.

Really? I guess as we are taking a university course in business management that we see 700 views and 61 subs as 639 missed opportunities haha, but thank you for the compliment :)[DOUBLEPOST=1439075063,1439074878][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think a 10 second outro saying something like "thanks for watching, if you want to see our latest videos make sure to subscribe" or something short and simple like that. Or do something like the intro to CoP videos like this:

Yeah i think making it a joke or something different from normal is the road we wanna go down! :)

"Don't forget to subscribe if you enjoyed the video" ?

You could also give an air guitar to everyone who subscribes but you would probably be busy with receiving the adresses of every subscriber and pay all the delivery costs etc.
But it's an idea.

Hey guys and gals, we are relatively new on YouTube as TubeNoobsTV, we are a gaming and comedy channel who post 3 vids a week.
We are doing well on our videos in terms of views, but the subscriber to view ratio is low, which surprises us as we'd like to think our quality of video is good. Do not get us wrong, we very much appreciate the subscribers we have and are very interactive with them.
However we feel we could have more subscribers if we were to go down the typical YT channel route and start pleading for views during the videos, unfortunately this is not our style as we'd like to think that if our content was good enough, we shouldn't have to ask for subscribers plus we'd rather they came naturally on their own decision.

There is the background lol, now the question we'd like to pose...

Do you personally think asking for subscribers during a video is a turn off for viewers/potential subscribers?

If so, how do you discreetly go about asking for subs without coming across as forceful and annoying?

Thanks for your time and any answers,

TubeNoobsTV :)[DOUBLEPOST=1439071317,1439071148][/DOUBLEPOST]The same applies to asking for Likes on YouTube, what is your opinion on asking for Likes? :)
You can ask them to subscribe but its best not to say it more than once in the video. Its also better to have it at the end, when the viewer has seen ur content.

Unfortunately we already have the next month of content filmed haha, maybe you'll see it in the future, nice channel btw, i like the peep show kind of POV inside head voice stuff your doing, reminds me of VictoriousSponge comedy! :)
Thank you :D No problem bro! I'll sub to your channel, that way I can see your progress
(side note) youre banner and profile pic is neat as heck!

"Don't forget to subscribe if you enjoyed the video" ?

You could also give an air guitar to everyone who subscribes but you would probably be busy with receiving the adresses of every subscriber and pay all the delivery costs etc.
But it's an idea.

hahaha to be honest that would cause a problem, but a happy problem, means were getting subs! haha although the expenses may make it a bit pricey ! xD[DOUBLEPOST=1439075640,1439075475][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can ask them to subscribe but its best not to say it more than once in the video. Its also better to have it at the end, when the viewer has seen ur content.

Yeah i agree with this, wish everyone would use this advice :)[DOUBLEPOST=1439075794][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you :D No problem bro! I'll sub to your channel, that way I can see your progress
(side note) youre banner and profile pic is neat as heck!

Thank you! We took so many reworks (and passive aggressive arguments haha) to get it right, designing with 3 people and 3 ideas is hard haha, and thank you so much for subscribing :)

Only at the end, if at all.

Also your sub to view rate is actually really high. So you shouldn't at the moment be needing to worry about that. 61 subscribers with only 700 total views is actually really high.

What he said is true. Also, you should look at how other people are doing as well to see how well you yourself are doing before saying you're doing bad in terms of views per sub. You're doing great, that's like you getting 1 subscriber every 11 views... Crazy growth if you could keep that up. Did you do the math? <.< That's crazy good views per sub ratio.

If anything, I think what you're lacking is the amount of people coming to your videos rather than having a hard time getting a subscriber. Have you thought of that?

What he said is true. Also, you should look at how other people are doing as well to see how well you yourself are doing before saying you're doing bad in terms of views per sub. You're doing great, that's like you getting 1 subscriber every 11 views... Crazy growth if you could keep that up. Did you do the math? <.< That's crazy good views per sub ratio.

If anything, I think what you're lacking is the amount of people coming to your videos rather than having a hard time getting a subscriber. Have you thought of that?

Yeah i suppose that makes it sound good! Well, we are happy with the amount of views we are getting after only 2 weeks of uploads, but it just looks like a lot of people view but not as many subscribe. However from what you and Uncivilized Elk said, maybe we shouldn't be worrying at this point :)

It is always good to tell me that if the like it to subscribe for more at the end of the videos. IF you do that at the beginning is like you're begging them to subscribe and its annoying but at the end is like a good reminder and people tend to subscribe when they listen to that at the end of the videos. It has worked for me and also got me likes on my facebook page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back