Subscribers?

inyourfacehorror

We have been on youtube for about a year now, and we only have 19 subscribers. Now I know that this isn't really that bad for being on for as short as we have, however, most of them don't even watch our videos. I don't want to sound like I'm promoting, because I'm genuinly not, I was just hoping that ya'll could look over my channel, or not even, and just help me figure out how to fix this. lol I love youtube, I love making videos, and honestly, I picture myself doing this until I'm too old to walk to the toilet on my own. Any advice for babytubers and how to get subscribers?

Have you been promoting and posting on social media? Twitter, Facebook, etc.? Maybe even Tumblr if you don't mind managing that. Those will no doubt help gain viewers.

I have been yes, though I'm kindof a social hermit in real life, and so maybe that has something to do with it. I've been super promoting fb and twitter. I just started using tumblr, and it's still confusing to me, but I'm working on it. Maybe I'm not promoting properly... How do you promote? By messaging people and trolling? Cause I don't want to be a troll about it lol

I have been yes, though I'm kindof a social hermit in real life, and so maybe that has something to do with it. I've been super promoting fb and twitter. I just started using tumblr, and it's still confusing to me, but I'm working on it. Maybe I'm not promoting properly... How do you promote? By messaging people and trolling? Cause I don't want to be a troll about it lol

Nope. Do you know how to use hashtags properly? With the right hashtags, you can reach a lot of people on Twitter and Tumblr in particular. If they're curious enough, they'll click on the link you post.

I think...

Your covering a niche subject, with not a whole lot of mass appeal. To use the parlance of the Film and Horror Genre, I think you should try to attain a "cult" following by marketing yourself to other fans.

I wish I had more insight as to how to go about doing this, but here's what I have off the top of the noodle:

I'd look for other YT channels that have Horror Filmish type content. I'd start by initiating a dialogue in the comment feed. The best way to get noticed, is by noticing other people. You could maybe even see about a collab, or reviewing some of their content on your channel. That way you can bridge their audience and vice versa with your growing audience.

I don't think it's for a lack of content, or a poorness of quality. Nothing like that. I think you're on the right track. You just have to get yourself out there more.

Anywho, hope this helps or even makes sense. Keep up the good work!

I find that for newer people you have to be all over it. Not spamming people but really engaging and being part of something. With Youtube I think people have to care about you in order to check out your stuff. You should find like-minded people on the social media sites and go there. I don't think it means you won't get different kinds of subscribers I just think you should start there. If you look at the bigger youtubers, some have 1 million subscribers and 40,000 likes on a video and 5000 comments. It's not like all 1 million subscribers are commenting or liking all of their stuff.

We have been on youtube for about a year now, and we only have 19 subscribers. Now I know that this isn't really that bad for being on for as short as we have, however, most of them don't even watch our videos. I don't want to sound like I'm promoting, because I'm genuinly not, I was just hoping that ya'll could look over my channel, or not even, and just help me figure out how to fix this. lol I love youtube, I love making videos, and honestly, I picture myself doing this until I'm too old to walk to the toilet on my own. Any advice for babytubers and how to get subscribers?

Hey, i'm a new Youtuber 2 weeks, I don't think putting you channel name as your title is a good idea i don't think? Cos nobody really knows about you so they will never be searching for that.

Not 100 percent on that but hopefully some other more experienced YYTalk people can help!

@dylan yea, I've been thinking about how what we do on youtube isn't for a large group of people, and thats why we have been trying to add comedy to our channel. This way people don't necessarily have to be all about horror to enjoy our channel, but that is a great off the top of your head advice. I've been trying to start conversations up in the comments and stuff, and it worked a little bit, I guess I just gotta keep going

@JeriKane I do know how to use hashtags, though I have been lacking in that department. I use a ton of hashtags on vine, but hardly ever on twitter. I'll start amping that up too, thank you :)

@EleniVTV I agree, I do need to start getting our name out there more. This site is wonderful, and its wonderful people like you that make it the way it is. Thanks for the advice :)[DOUBLEPOST=1381529928,1381529648][/DOUBLEPOST]@curiosity That was one of the hardest decisions to make, mostly cause I want to be able to get Inyourfacehorror noticed as a name, but who in their right mind is going to search for that. Thats why I've been super promoting the name. I don't really know what else to use as a name though, so I'm hoping to get noticed enough that when people search things like "horror movie reviews" we show up... ya know? idk, it's a difficult thing youtube lol

@dylan yea, I've been thinking about how what we do on youtube isn't for a large group of people, and thats why we have been trying to add comedy to our channel. This way people don't necessarily have to be all about horror to enjoy our channel, but that is a great off the top of your head advice. I've been trying to start conversations up in the comments and stuff, and it worked a little bit, I guess I just gotta keep going

@JeriKane I do know how to use hashtags, though I have been lacking in that department. I use a ton of hashtags on vine, but hardly ever on twitter. I'll start amping that up too, thank you :)

@EleniVTV I agree, I do need to start getting our name out there more. This site is wonderful, and its wonderful people like you that make it the way it is. Thanks for the advice :)[DOUBLEPOST=1381529928,1381529648][/DOUBLEPOST]@curiosity That was one of the hardest decisions to make, mostly cause I want to be able to get Inyourfacehorror noticed as a name, but who in their right mind is going to search for that. Thats why I've been super promoting the name. I don't really know what else to use as a name though, so I'm hoping to get noticed enough that when people search things like "horror movie reviews" we show up... ya know? idk, it's a difficult thing youtube lol

You can use Quote on here to reply to people, up to you XD. Well i see allot of people who have like a good following of at least 5 k subs doing this but after they have the a small following of so many subs

Back