Subscriber Interaction - YouTube Guide for Beginners

unknown_user54684097890

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It's very important to remain connected and friendly with your subscribers to make sure that they don't feel "distant" or unimportant. You need to keep in mind that without them your channel wouldn't be going anywhere. There are multiple ways to connect with your subscribers, and many will only take a couple minutes of your time.

Twitter
Twitter is considered to be the best place to interact with your subs, and since it's a fairly easy to use you shouldn't have to much trouble connecting with your audience. Things like daily tweets, questions and even random mentions can keep your audience connected, and also give them an insight as to what happens outside of YouTube. You can even ask your subscribers to use a hashtag in their tweets for you to access them easier, as an example, I could ask my subscribers to use #FOYT (Faptain Obvious YouTube) in their tweets, that way I can simply type in #FOYT into the search bar and see every tweet that uses that hashtag.

Twitter is a powerful social platform, so make sure you utilize it as much as you can.

Facebook Page
Another way to keep your subscribers updated is through a Facebook Page, it's usually best to set one up that uses your channels username/name so it's easier to be found by potential viewers. A page can be setup fairly simply, by going to this link you can create a page with your custom name, profile picture, description, tagline and if it's your first page you can even setup a custom url (facebook.com/______) that you can direct your audience to.

If it's NOT your first facebook page, you have to get 25 likes on your page first before the custom url option is available, once your page is eligible for a custom url you can simply go to your pages settings and click on the "Create a custom url" option.

This is another useful way of connecting with your viewers, as 99% of them will have Facebook and are more likely to check it every day. You can even connect your twitter account with your page so that both are updated simultaneously.

The Comment Section
Last, but not least, is the comment section in your videos. This is the easiest way to keep connected, and it's fairly easy to read through and reply. This not only keeps your comment section thriving, but shows potential subscribers that you're going to interact and connect with them, instead of just being an almighty overlord whose reply is the ultimate gift from above.

- - - -

This is one of my shorter guides, but I believe it is also a topic that is not covered enough. It's not just enough to promote your videos via social media, but it's also important to keep connected with your subscribers and let them know what's going on. A simple "Hey guys, how's your day been" can make a big difference, so try it out for yourself!

Thanks for reading,
Faptain.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I find Twitter so confusing @.@
So I use facebook instead xD

unknown_user54684097890

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I find Twitter so confusing @.@
So I use facebook instead xD
Twitter is very confusing, it took me a few hours just to get the basics of searching/interacting with people haha. But a few days later it grew on me and now I rely on it quite a bit for my interaction with le' subs. :)

Reactions: Switchbox

MyLifeMyWorld

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Good little guide :) I use twitter as much as possible. I haven't started a Facebook page yet as I don't feel I have anywhere near enough subscribers for it to be worthwhile, but I shall be doing one in the future. I also reply to ever comment, but then I barely get any at the moment so that's easy for me to keep up with haha.

unknown_user54684097890

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Good little guide :) I use twitter as much as possible. I haven't started a Facebook page yet as I don't feel I have anywhere near enough subscribers for it to be worthwhile, but I shall be doing one in the future. I also reply to ever comment, but then I barely get any at the moment so that's easy for me to keep up with haha.
1 comment is better then none, always keep that in mind. :)

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

unknown_user54684097890

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
i use the setting on youtube where it automatically submits a tweet when i upload a video.
That's good, but it's going to get the most reach you possibly can. A few hours after the original upload, share it again and tag a few friends, retweet profiles etc just for a little extra buzz. :)

Reactions: 2bonic