Sub4Sub - The Pros and Cons

epickoshon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Very very useful thread michael :) Sub4Sub Wont Get You Many Viewers.Maybe a little but not many. I'd prefer box4box

Reactions: Michael

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Here at Vultra, we don`t partner anyone with likely history of sub4subbing or view botting and other networks don`t either

Slyth66

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It's funny. A few years ago Sub4sub was such a popular thing. Even the big YouTubers did it. I'm glad it died out though, because in the long run it didn't help anyone. You just ended up with subscriptions to people you didn't care about and your subscribers didn't care about you.

Chalsey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Designer
Like how you actually found pros for Sub4Sub but your subs should be close to your views in the long run having 1000 subscribers but only have 20 views is where the negative effects come in

geekychick

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
great post! Yea I've noticed lots of channels where the subs and views were really unbalanced.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very good post Michael.
There is another con I wish to add to the list if I may.

When I first started I did some sub for subbing. I'd say maybe up to 50 or so subs. Now some of the people I made a deal with would sometime sub me with one account, and the deal was for me to sub them on another account (their main channel). These people get their subs, and forget about the other channel. Flash forward a bit and YouTube starts closing "dead" accounts and you get losses in your subscriber count.

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What the OP is forgetting is public feeds.

Sub for sub can be a powerful tool.

If two channels have a lot of subs and their feeds are public then they can gain a lot of subs through a sub 4 sub action.
When they sub each other that information is sent into their feeds.
The subs will see the action and might decide to click on the the other channel they haven't seen before!

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I knew there would be stuff missing from it, thats a good point, that would be beneficial but that isnt the typical sub 4 sub we see going on every day to gain an audience.