Stolen Videos

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
A few months ago I came across a few newer channels and noticed that they uploaded a lot of stolen content. (Like 95% of their videos were taken from a different, bigger channel without their knowledge/consent.)

I've reported the channels, and their videos, also notified the original content creators, and I checked up on the channels today to see that the videos/channels are still up.

I don't understand this. Does youtube not care about stolen content?

I was wondering about this too. I started a new channel called FFSakes, but then decided i've gotten too attached to PopsLetsPlay and decided to keep that channel. During that period on FFSakes (a completely different account, btw. new email address and all) I took a few videos off PopsLetsPlay and put them on that account. I never got copyright claims or anything. I thought it was like an automatic thing?

Before the updates, there could only be ONE channel name, like PewDiePie was the ONLY PewDiePie, if anyone wanted to make accounts which are like that they'd have to do like PewDiePie2 or something but now they just allow you to have multiple PewDiePie's. To say that YouTube doesn't care about stolen content, I'd say they that they could do with a lot of improvement because I've seen so many stolen videos it's unreal, but yet again all it would take is for the original content creator to report it and it would be removed.

YouTube, in general, is a bit "dodgy" at the moment...

A few months ago I came across a few newer channels and noticed that they uploaded a lot of stolen content. (Like 95% of their videos were taken from a different, bigger channel without their knowledge/consent.)

I've reported the channels, and their videos, also notified the original content creators, and I checked up on the channels today to see that the videos/channels are still up.

I came across the same thing too lol, I think the original creator has to report it. But will he ever find the channel? Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering about this too. I started a new channel called FFSakes, but then decided i've gotten too attached to PopsLetsPlay and decided to keep that channel. During that period on FFSakes (a completely different account, btw. new email address and all) I took a few videos off PopsLetsPlay and put them on that account. I never got copyright claims or anything. I thought it was like an automatic thing?

I don't think technology is that smart yet :p though it would be cool to see such a dynamic feature someday.

Before the updates, there could only be ONE channel name, like PewDiePie was the ONLY PewDiePie, if anyone wanted to make accounts which are like that they'd have to do like PewDiePie2 or something but now they just allow you to have multiple PewDiePie's. To say that YouTube doesn't care about stolen content, I'd say they that they could do with a lot of improvement because I've seen so many stolen videos it's unreal, but yet again all it would take is for the original content creator to report it and it would be removed.

YouTube, in general, is a bit "dodgy" at the moment...

Thanks for clearing this up ^-^

They do, but, for the most part, only care when officially reported via a DMCA take down notice.

More importantly, larger channels may have their videos included into ContentID, where any re-uploads of their content would still earn them money.

Back