Sony Vegas 11 Pro rendering time? better sofware ?

UnidentifedF00L

Bish Bash Bosh
Hey guys, Ive recently started YouTube again after a year out and come back basically a newbie again. Sony Vegas always did me well in the past so that was my first port of call when installing software etc.

I have made a 5 min introduction video with some game play and commentary and its currently rendering. Its being going for nearly an hour and hit 31%. I have watched a few videos about render settings and basically what im trying to get at is there any way to speed up this process? Has Sony Vegas had its time and now people have found a better program?

Any info is much appriciated.

F00L :]

So many things come in to play when you are rendering, hardware, codecs, etc.
What did you record your footage in?
What are your export settings?
Specs?

i realize that alot of things come into play, i was very vague of what response i was wanting, I'm looking for what people would believe for an average render time for a 5 min video would be, and if there was now a better program out there other than Vegas.

i realize that alot of things come into play, i was very vague of what response i was wanting, I'm looking for what people would believe for an average render time for a 5 min video would be, and if there was now a better program out there other than Vegas.

A typical 5 minute video for me would take me around 3-10 minutes in Vegas. I would stay weary of MP4 videos, Vegas doesn't seem to be too fond of them, or at least not for me.

Back