Someone posted my video on Reddit!!!

I posted a video late last week, and spent a lot of time on tags to try out some SEO.

The next day, the video has had over 100 views!! (Which is a lot for me!) I'm trying to get a look at Analytics (which is running a few days behind) so I can bask in the glory of my kickass SEO. I keep trying to look all weekend- precisely which search term led to my views?

Fast forward to today, and Analytics has FINALLY updated!!! So I run to Traffic Sources so I can check out exactly how my kickass tagging has come into play.

Traffic Sources- my eyes immediately go to YouTube search, and...!!! 1 view. Wat.

Where did my views come from? External website. YTTalk?

I click on it, and discover that some awesome person has posted my little video to Reddit!!! I do a quick Google search and it wasn't even posted to a cringe section or anything like that- just standard Videos!! :):)

I'm tickled pink- I can't believe someone actually shared my video on another website! Thank you so much kind stranger, wherever you are!!! :wub:

Now back to working on my apparently not kickass SEO. ;):D

I'm still feeling warm fuzzies so wanted to share!

Can you remember the first time someone shared your video? What an amazing feeling!
where can i check that somebody shared my video?

the only thing i know is that i was searching for a video of me (some weeks ago) and find it but on youtube but on a strange playlist. it took me some time to understand that somebody on youtoube made a playlist about some of my World of warcraft videos. at first I was interesting in writing him. but i never done it.

would yoU? and ask wy?

where can i check that somebody shared my video?

the only thing i know is that i was searching for a video of me (some weeks ago) and find it but on youtube but on a strange playlist. it took me some time to understand that somebody on youtoube made a playlist about some of my World of warcraft videos. at first I was interesting in writing him. but i never done it.

would yoU? and ask wy?
Go here: https://www.youtube.com/analytics

and on the left hand side it says Sharing under Engagement Reports :)

it happens to me too a couple of days ago.. i got 900 views just from reddit, idk who shared it but oh well.. jaajaja.

Back