Someone found me on YouTube...

DIY Reid

I'll start off, I've been timid to talk about my YouTube Channel at work as I don't like forcing things upon people. I don't want them to think they have to watch my videos. I was sitting at my desk minding my own business and a trainer that travels for 90% of his job here at work stops by my desk and starts the conversation, "Hey, remind me to buy you a beer at our conference on Friday, you saved me some money!" At first, I was like, did I earn him a spiff somehow or something? He continued on saying he just bought a house and was wanting to add an outlet for his TV that is wall mounted and google searched it and saw my video. He started to watch it and realized it was me. Apparently, he called his boss and asked him about it and I guess his boss knew I had a youtube channel as well.

It was so weird how that happened. Good to know that my growing content is working. :)

That's really cool mate. Very happy for you. I was walking down the street in my area the other day and someone pointed at me and said "That's George from YouTube" very funny when his dad was like... why should I care :D

Word of mouth? Nice! it´s nice to get noticed sometimes!
Some of my coworkers has mentioned my youtube name, when talking to me about it, which for some reason still sounds weird! I don´t know why, because I won´t be able to deal with fame!

We are minor celebrities All around where we live in Southern California. Virtually any time we take our Jeep on the trail people honk at us on the freeway and wave, they stop us on trails to say hello, take photos with us, etc.. It’s all good..
Then, a few weeks ago when I’m at home washing the Jeep in the driveway this dude walks through my yard and up the driveway to meet me and shake my hand - i was like WTF kind of stalker are you?! He was driving by and saw the Jeep and “had to stop and say hello”.. THAT was weird - good thing he turned out to be a cool dude and not a psycho or anything..

It’s all part of being famous!

I've had this happen a couple times between different work places. I'm lucky enough to also work at a digital media agency right now so it's kind of a given that they all found out haha

I'll start off, I've been timid to talk about my YouTube Channel at work as I don't like forcing things upon people. I don't want them to think they have to watch my videos. I was sitting at my desk minding my own business and a trainer that travels for 90% of his job here at work stops by my desk and starts the conversation, "Hey, remind me to buy you a beer at our conference on Friday, you saved me some money!" At first, I was like, did I earn him a spiff somehow or something? He continued on saying he just bought a house and was wanting to add an outlet for his TV that is wall mounted and google searched it and saw my video. He started to watch it and realized it was me. Apparently, he called his boss and asked him about it and I guess his boss knew I had a youtube channel as well.

It was so weird how that happened. Good to know that my growing content is working. :)

I never like mixing the real world and YouTube. I have always been skeptical about it. Maybe it was because I come from a gaming background but something about mixing the real world and your real world friends and such with YouTube just seems like a bad idea to me.
I never really mention it to people unless they outright ask me about it.

I have never been 'found' on YouTube in that sense, besides when I was in high school (when I started out).

That's great to see! I love it when people mention the channel when I haven't actively tried to get them to see it.

Classic example of the value of a small channel. You don't need a silver play button to build 1 to 1 relationships with people who value your content. Nice work :)

Back