Some info on how to get legitimate exposure

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Okay well I am no longer into marketting I have a job now that means I dont need to market anything. Once upon a time long long ago I used to have marketting as part of my job description. Times were different then but not a whole lot has changed on how to get exposure to your stuff that matters.

Anyhow here is a list or bits of info to take into account when looking for ways to advertise.

For me at the moment I just do decent keywording of my videos and post to social media and it gets me views anywhere from 100-300 which is fine with me I am not doing this for money lol

However if you want to do it for money and want to get known you need to market yourself but you need to do it properly.

Everyone has a facebook page but what then? well once you have your page established and set up nicely and a few likes you might want to go farther. The proper way to do that would be to use their inhouse targetted ad campaigns.

That is found here
https://www.facebook.com/advertising/?campaign_id=402047449186&placement=pf&extra_1=0

Another one you may want to try is google addwords. It works. You need a website for that however so do that first

then go here
http://www.google.ca/intl/en/ads/

Look for smaller networks and advertise on those eg:
you are a webhost and want to sell your hosting space. Find directories and websites that are related to those usually they offer advertising space. For a price The people going there have one thing in mind and so your product fits to the category.

Pay Per View Engines - used to be a very good form of targetted traffic however upon doing a websearch its possible its a bad idea. At this point in time since I dont know how they work anymore read this :eek:

http://www.business2community.com/o...eath-of-pay-per-click-advertising-ppc-0148537

When looking at small advertisers who just pop out of thin air you need to be careful take a few things into account
1) do they give their full name and adress?
2) do they have a telephone?
3) when you look at their url is it marked private or can you get their company name off of it.
4) do they even have a properly set up website
5) do they use the product themselves?
6) does the offer seem to good to be true? if it does it probably is.

In conclusion if your going to spend money do it on something that is going to produce a result that matters.

Most of these view generating sites probably have your page on a giant rotator similar to a banner rotator. Those are not good views so dont pay for them unless you just like seeing large numbers then okay but dont expect it to ammount to anything of substance.

Thanks for sharing that with us UL, the good thing about using Facebook is that they serve your ads based on interest so most people who are seeing the ad are likely to be genuinely interested already, say I put an advert up for YTtalkTV and I specify YouTube as a keyword for the campaign, those interested in YouTube will get to see it and are far more likely to click through, subscribe, comment and like. It's far better targeting a specific category of people rather than going for everyone in general.

Back