Some advice for my channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemusYouTube

Hey there, my name is Remus and I've been making videos for about 7 years, first 3 didn't really count since I didn't really know what I was doing, and started with COD and random games videos and now mostly doing videos with LOL, some with Overwatch and WOW as well, and recently started a new series: "games in 3 minutes".

My channel was been doing great for about 2 years, mostly 400k-1 million views/month and 1-5k subs/month but now it's horrible, it wasn't doing so bad in years, and I've noticed many other channels having the same problems, even one of the biggest League YouTuber, Brofresco, dropped a lot lately.

The Outlast 2 video got over 250 upvotes on /reddit/videos, a very hard reddit to get videos to work on, still, I don't see any suggested views on most of my videos for months.

Also, I keep seeing videos from newer and smaller channels like this one /channel/UCG4iNcR-1mAfuFr7yy1JCiQ/videos that are making many videos similar to mine, but only started for a about a year, when I was doing this for a lot more years. His videos get a lot of views, even if he's imitating some of mine, he's quite taking all my views in certain videos, since mine don't get recommended anymore it seems, and rank lower in search as well for some reason, even if they usually got a ton of views from search as well as suggested up untill about December last year and January was my last great month for now, since I got lucky with some sandbox videos(one of them getting 400K+ views in a few days).

Also, this video /watch?v=NpUoAx3_Pvs was stolen from me and posted a few minutes after with the same title, tags and thumbnail but got 10 times more views than mine, and my videos around new champions always worked well, same for top 10s, this is one of the only videos that keeps getting recommended: youtube.com/watch?v=zW4XhlHGBzo and my channel is not even a WOW channel, but newer top 10s like this one get stuck a few thousand views, when almost all of them used to get over 100k quite fast..

Are newer channels having priority in search/suggested? Because if so it's quite annoying, since people can start copying videos that work for other people and take their audience away.

I don't really know what do to anymore, I don't know what I did wrong, but it feels like my channel is blacklisted.. Suggested views dropped from 30-40% to almost nothing, search views from 40% also dropped hard, and the subscribers growth dropped from 1-5k/month to almost nothing as well.. Really depressing situation, I've kept improving and increasing the quality and editing as much as I can yet videos don't get views, even if some of them even work on Reddit and have nice like ratios and watch times, not sure what to do anymore.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
how is your watch time and average view of duration? you've obvious been on Youtube for awhile so you're not a newbie. only thing I can say is that Youtube's algorithm, though most people don't know for certain has changed a bit and a lot of top Youtubers' #'s have gone down.

It's quite good, didn't drop and I kept rising it for a while even if views/subs started dropping.. It's still odd how newer channels that are making similar content are doing better while the older channels are doing worse now..

I do believe that most channels have a certain shelf life.
I have followed channels and and eventually they die off. And not from giving up but seems YT switches to the next upcoming talent to keep content fresh.
Maybe set up a 2nd channel and see how it goes?

I was considering it, I have a 2nd channel where I didn't do much, was thinking of making a new one or using that one for WOW videos or something, maybe the system will give a new channel a boost if it kinda forgets old channels. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back