(SOLVED) Question about monetization (Fullscreen partners)

AYRENvids

I need to stop caring too much.
So I want to enter Fullscreen's Gorilla campaign and one of the rules is to not have the competing video monetized. How exactly do I unmonetize my video? Do Fullscreeen just do that for me? Because the video gets 'claimed' right after I've uploaded and I was once told that this means it's also monetized. I don't see an option to unmonetize anywhere. Do I have to reupload with the option to claim a video disabled for it to not be monetized?

So I want to enter Fullscreen's Gorilla campaign and one of the rules is to not have the competing video monetized. How exactly do I unmonetize my video? Do Fullscreeen just do that for me? Because the video gets 'claimed' right after I've uploaded and I was once told that this means it's also monetized. I don't see an option to unmonetize anywhere. Do I have to reupload with the option to claim a video disabled for it to not be monetized?
Partners have claiming not monetization :p

hmm I think you can uncheck the monetization options (they are in a box under the claiming tab). Uncheck the true-view in-stream, etc. monetization options.

hmm I think you can uncheck the monetization options (they are in a box under the claiming tab). Uncheck the true-view in-stream, etc. monetization options.
I've unchecked everything possible. This 'claimed' icon just confuses me, though.

I've unchecked everything possible. This 'claimed' icon just confuses me, though.
The way I understand it is that "Claimed" means that you are claiming the video as your own for copyright purposes. Where people (I think) get confused is that you can choose to monetize these videos under that same tab because YOU own them (as you have claimed them as uniquely your own). So that's why I think people lump "claiming" and "monetization" together. I think that as long as you have the monetization options unchecked, it should be fine.

If you are skeptical, double check by sending an email to FullScreen support or to CreatorX on this forum.

Well yes, but I was thinking if it would block monetization or block the whole video so people can't see it? Sorry if these questions are stupid, I've never had to deal with any of that stuff.
I think it just blocks monetization. Don't worry, I have the same questions, they aren't stupid :]

Back