Software Transition From Windows To Mac.

BitsOfBen

Loving YTtalk
Right so I'm in a little bit of a pickle. I've just invested in a MacBook and I'm still adjust to it but getting quite use to the world of Apple. Now here is the thing, for years I've been using Sony Vegas to edit my videos and I was upset when I learnt that it's not available on Mac as I'm so use to it's interface and I'm so comfortable with it. I know I can use things like bootcamp to enable windows on my Mac but I'm not so keen on that idea.

So here is my thing, My videos don't need major editing effects but I do like to make an effort with them even though they are slightly rough around the edges but I want to know what is the best video editing software to use on the mac? I've been playing around with iMovie but I've seen some limitations with it and I feel from Vegas, it's taking a step back as to what I can do with my videos. I'm seriously looking at buying Final Cut Pro X despite it costing £229. I would consider Premiere Pro but I'm put off at the idea of a monthly subscription, I'm a kind of guy who likes to pay up front. What do you guys think?

Final cut pro, I been using it for years now and It's really simple to use and it's interface is easy to learn :) Also it auto renders your video when you stop editing (example you stop for a bit to get water or something it will start to render) and you can see your video properly and stuff :)

Personally I feel final cut pro is the best option, Ive had a mac for about 4 years now and final cut is the only reliable
video editing service I could ask for on mac. As for thumbnails obviously I love to use photoshop!
For other software advice just ask and I can tell you the best things to use.
Like for audio the best thing to use is audacity!

I don't think, apart from Premier Pro any Apple editing software can compare to windows. I own an iMac and a PC myself and would never think of using my iMac to edit. As far as editing software goes, Windows is undoubtedly superior.

If your sights are set on Mac, then Final Cut Pro or Premier Pro CC would be your best option.

I don't think, apart from Premier Pro any Apple editing software can compare to windows. I own an iMac and a PC myself and would never think of using my iMac to edit. As far as editing software goes, Windows is undoubtedly superior.

If your sights are set on Mac, then Final Cut Pro or Premier Pro CC would be your best option.

It's really down to preference, I've been using my Mac for editing now in FCPX and much prefer it to windows.

Final Cut Pro X.

However, DONT buy it directly!
Have a look for iTunes vouchers on eBay, or deals on iTunes vouchers. You can pick them up cheaper then face value from eBay, or sometimes supermarkets like Tesco have deals. I picked up several £25 vouchers for £12.50 each in their last offer!

Once you have enough in vouchers, load them into your iTunes account, and then use that credit to buy the software ;)

Thats how I did it - and I ended up getting FCPX for around £100 in the end because of all the deals on vouchers ;)

If you are into screencasts etc - ScreenFlow is also excellent!

FCPX - I've used it when I owned a Mac, and it was awesome. Can't recommend it more.

It does have a little bit of a price tag, but trust me, it's well worth it.

Back