sociopaths on YouTube

Chloe

I Love YTtalk
So I have been seeing my social worker and she told me there are sociopaths on youtube I knew they were on there I just forgot their actual name they make me think of the bad guys on tv even though they are not real what's your take on this?

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

A brief definition of 'Sociopath' is like a person with extreme anti-social behaviour isn't it? They're like supposed to be superficially charming, manipulative, incapable of love. There are people like that out there in the real world so I guess there must be some on YouTube. I'm guessing your social worker means they're utilizing social media to manipulate/take other's for a ride? Which I guess is feasible too considering you'll always get people trying to do that on the internet from politicians & businessmen - cult leaders.

A brief definition of 'Sociopath' is like a person with extreme anti-social behaviour isn't it? They're like supposed to be superficially charming, manipulative, incapable of love. There are people like that out there in the real world so I guess there must be some on YouTube. I'm guessing your social worker means they're utilizing social media to manipulate/take other's for a ride? Which I guess is feasible too considering you'll always get people trying to do that on the internet from politicians & businessmen - cult leaders.

Are you describing a Sociopath or me? xD

I think everyone uses youtube. So everything can be find on youtube. Even Sociopaths

I'm friends with some mildly sociopathic people. It's hard to understand because like... every human being has a choice to care or not care about things, however there are degrees to which we can FEEL empathy. The true sociopath can feel no empathy. But the sociopaths who still are good people see this as a problem, and try to work on ways around their lack of empathy. One of my best friends is mildly sociopathic and she has chosen that when people are upset she avoids them or when people are mad at her she just ignores them.

It's because if she talks to them she knows she'll make them feel worse, because she'll basically just minimize their feelings, throw them out, and then say something really hurtful. It's not that she WANTS to be mean, it's that she feels little to no empathy, she can't sympathize with what they're going through, and all she can think to say is "man you're a f*****g drama queen" or "Good lord you're whiney today".

Because she's realized this is a problem, she will just not respond and not talk to people who are having issues, she knows she'll just poor salt in their wounds. Some sociopaths embrace their lack of empathy, and then hurt people with it on purpose. But this is no different than anyone anywhere, they are mixing their lack of empathy with arrogance. The arrogance says "What I think is right, what I do is what should be done" Whereas a wise person says "I want to be a helpful member of society and this this and this prevent me from doing so"

So not all sociopaths are "evil" They just don't feel empathy like most of us do. When someone is hurting this tugging in my heart feels for them, I feel this gnawing pain for them. The sociopath simply doesn't have that. It's a clinical condition, they cannot help that aspect of their lives. But they CAN recognize it as a problem, and try to do things to not be a drain on everyone else. Or they can turn into serial killers it's their choice.[DOUBLEPOST=1373709295,1373709231][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you describing a Sociopath or me? xD

I think everyone uses youtube. So everything can be find on youtube. Even Sociopaths

yeah I almost mentioned this. There's EVERYTHING on youtube, it's not like.. youtube has a filter for who can and cannot peruse it, if it's out there in the world it's on youtube.

All types of people use the internet--including Youtube. There are definitely some sociopaths out there that go onto Youtube and do strange things.

It's a fact of life, especially nowdays that technology and internet access is available to many people, that you may encounter sociopathic people who go to Youtube and cause trouble.

If you feel someone is a sociopath or simply bothering you, the best thing to do is to ignore or block them. Sociopaths have something innately wrong with them--mentally and emotionally. It's almost like a disability... but in a sociopath's case, they sometimes think it's normal and don't see anything wrong. That's why some sociopaths do crazy and bad things.

I'm friends with some mildly sociopathic people. It's hard to understand because like... every human being has a choice to care or not care about things, however there are degrees to which we can FEEL empathy. The true sociopath can feel no empathy. But the sociopaths who still are good people see this as a problem, and try to work on ways around their lack of empathy. One of my best friends is mildly sociopathic and she has chosen that when people are upset she avoids them or when people are mad at her she just ignores them.

It's because if she talks to them she knows she'll make them feel worse, because she'll basically just minimize their feelings, throw them out, and then say something really hurtful. It's not that she WANTS to be mean, it's that she feels little to no empathy, she can't sympathize with what they're going through, and all she can think to say is "man you're a f*****g drama queen" or "Good lord you're whiney today".

Because she's realized this is a problem, she will just not respond and not talk to people who are having issues, she knows she'll just poor salt in their wounds. Some sociopaths embrace their lack of empathy, and then hurt people with it on purpose. But this is no different than anyone anywhere, they are mixing their lack of empathy with arrogance. The arrogance says "What I think is right, what I do is what should be done" Whereas a wise person says "I want to be a helpful member of society and this this and this prevent me from doing so"

So not all sociopaths are "evil" They just don't feel empathy like most of us do. When someone is hurting this tugging in my heart feels for them, I feel this gnawing pain for them. The sociopath simply doesn't have that. It's a clinical condition, they cannot help that aspect of their lives. But they CAN recognize it as a problem, and try to do things to not be a drain on everyone else. Or they can turn into serial killers it's their choice.[DOUBLEPOST=1373709295,1373709231][/DOUBLEPOST]

yeah I almost mentioned this. There's EVERYTHING on youtube, it's not like.. youtube has a filter for who can and cannot peruse it, if it's out there in the world it's on youtube.

That is superbly insightful. I've only ever seen the term sociopath used on television or in literature and they're always painted as like serial killers and manipulative monsters but what you said about arrogance determining what you do with a lack of empathy is truly beautiful. I feel a lot more aware now Symph :3 I will definitely be less quick to define sociopaths with negative connotations from now on!

Back