Social networks VS Offline promotion

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Hi everybody,

well, after just 2 effective years on Youtube (i posted my first video 3 years ago but only 2 years ago I sterted to learn what really YT is) I understood the best way to promote a YT channel is absolutely offline!

Why social network are down for me

- Online you are intrusive, unless the poeple who you're chatting or posting with is your friends, if you are looking for new audience you can appear to be intrusive when you post new videos constantly.

- Into every social network you are just a number.

- Social network communication is too fast and people cant take the real attention to your contents.

Why offline is good for me.

- The real contact is "human" and so much more trustful. If you talk directly to someone or using flyers you give something and this can easily make the people to remember you. Have you ever seen promoters in shopping centers?

- You can create or show your own personality.

So, what is your favourite startegy?

I prefer online "promotion" all though I don't really promote anything, just sort of leave my vids in places where people will most likely find them. I haven't found the best way to promote myself offline, because handing out flyers or something on a street corner probably isn't going to get anyone interested in my type of content. Personally I know I get annoyed by people with flyers on my college campus so I guess I don't want to bother anyone like that. I'm considering business cards though, might be a good investment for when I meet people at events.

I use online promotion since Im using the channel anonymously for now. Mostly posting on fb and reddit. That should work for now.

I prefer online "promotion" all though I don't really promote anything, just sort of leave my vids in places where people will most likely find them. I haven't found the best way to promote myself offline, because handing out flyers or something on a street corner probably isn't going to get anyone interested in my type of content. Personally I know I get annoyed by people with flyers on my college campus so I guess I don't want to bother anyone like that. I'm considering business cards though, might be a good investment for when I meet people at events.

Yes darling, when I spoke about fryers I meant "business card" ... this is a good way, and events![DOUBLEPOST=1484595483,1484595448][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use online promotion since Im using the channel anonymously for now. Mostly posting on fb and reddit. That should work for now.

Ok but guys, what is your result and what is your goal?

What do you mean by result? As in how useful it is? I got 199 subs in the last 10 days that my youtube channel has been up, so for now I think my strategy is alright lol

I think they both have their perks, although I've personally experienced more "success" through promoting my work online.

I've never tried offline promotion before but will do in the future when I get ALOT bigger. Would love to do some fan meet-ups and merchandise giveaways, etc.

If you have the personality, offline promotion can be really successful. Going out and getting people flyers or stickers with your channel on it can make more of a personal impact than online promotion. Online promotion is more comfortable and easier for many of us and can be just as productive. It just depends if you want to go and do both

Back