So you want to do a competition or giveaway?

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
I see lots of members deciding to celebrate subscriber or view milestones by hosting a competition or giveaway on their channel. YouTube has some strict rules surrounding giveaways, and not adhering to those rules can result in your channel being deleted, or in some cases you can even be fined.
Thanks Frankie great Post.

ro_dawg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nice post Frankie!! It will really help me out later. ;)

JollyDangerous

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Thanks for this post. I was wondering if you think this idea is within the guidelines.

Im going to be doing some walkthroughs of new games when they come out. I would like to do a giveaway of the game when I finish playing them since I dont collect them. I would be giving away my personal copy. I would say something like " you dont have to be a subscriber but it would be nice. And the only thing I ask is that you be a active viewer so I can at least see who all is interested." Do you think that would work?

I have seen one youtuber do this but he just asked them to leave a comment on the first video to let him know that they want the game.

J.S. Johnson

Reaction score
Wonderful! Thanks so much for this post.

I was planning on doing a contest for my movie, giving away a VHS copy - with a fancy VHS box and everything (to appeal to the hipster folk). To enter you would have to share the film on Facebook, however I see now that you can't use "youtube embedded player to conduct a contest offsite". Jerks....

Anywho, thanks!

Reactions: unknown_user0032

Thrashbat

Thrashimation's Favorite Bat!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Comedian, Animator
Wow, thanks a lot, Frankie ! I had a friend who wanted to learn about this and I referred him here :)

Reactions: unknown_user0032

Justin Fowler

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I think they're a bit OTT, but I suppose they're just protecting the younglings from entering something that could wind them in trouble lol.
Legal reasons. Most contests are 18+.

vgjfelix

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I have done giveaways in the past with the only rule being they leave a comment on the video so I know they've entered. How else would I be able to do that?