So... much... background noise

Poly Gamey

Okay so I am having a serious issue with background noise. Like if either of my roommates or their number of friends so much as thinks too loudly my Blue Snowball picks up on it and seemingly amplifies every little sound. I can't just ask them to stop doing things so I can record although that would be nice for me. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? I want to do discussion videos and really need this issue worked out.

There is a "denoiser" effect on premiere pro that works pretty well. Does your mic have an option to lower the db level? Sometimes a mic can be too sensitive which causes more noise.

I've moved this to the Video Editing, Recording, Software and Hardware forum. ^_^

Is there any way you could book a conference room to record in? It sounds like you are having trouble finding a quiet place to record. There's no way to erase out the background noises caused by other people unless your voices are significantly different pitches (such as a treble speaking voice vs. a bass speaking voice). If you have very different voice pitches, you can isolate the pitch frequencies heard in the audio, but even then it might sound garbled.

Maybe I would try little trick I use myself - because my room is a bit echoey, I use my mic at lower volume (65-85% tops), move it as close to my mouth as possible (but you HAVE to have good popfilter - I personally have popfilter + foam on it) and use Voice Compression to remove any unwanted background noises (like keyboard clicking, fan spinning, etc). While it wont sound perfect all the time, it should do the trick :)

There is a "denoiser" effect on premiere pro that works pretty well. Does your mic have an option to lower the db level? Sometimes a mic can be too sensitive which causes more noise.
Thanks for that, will definately give that one a try!

Sadly I dont have enough money to rent like conference rooms or anything, fully independent youtube channel run by me who works part time minimum wage and just so happen to be lucky enough to have exceptionally low bills.

Back