Snowball Microphone

Quirkypoo

Hey guys!

I got my new snowball the other day and I was just wondering what kind of setup they use with that microphone? At the moment I have it on my desk but I feel like it’s better quality when it’s closer up to my mouth?

I’ve ordered a scissor stand to bring it closer to me but I was just wondering how everyone else does it!!!

Thanks in advance guys :)

Quirky Poo

When I was about to buy the mic, I was considering Snowball and it definitely has something to it. You should record with the mic closer to your mouth, but don't overdo it - you don't want to distort the sound. You can still raise the volume of the recording afterwards if needed.

If you'd like to achieve even better sound quality with Snowball, check out some videos on YouTube, the program you'll need is called VoiceMeeter. I recommend checking out the video "HOW TO MAKE A BLUE SNOWBALL SOUND LIKE A STUDIO MIC" uploaded by Alphaa. It's more than two years old, but it's really helpful.

I use the same mic, and use an arm to bring it over to my mouth. When I don't use it I turn it away to the other side. I also only use the setting to make sound enter the front, and not all around.

Brilliant thanks guys, I realise now I need to have the mic closer to my mouth to get the best quality! Never heard of voicemeeter so I'll definitely give that a looking in to :)

Thanks!

I definitely recommend a pop filter regardless the mic being at your desk or super close. All I use is Audacity (since it's well spoken of and free), but maybe I'll check out this VoiceMeeter people are talking about.

Back