Small channels TURN ADS OFF!

It's weird that you have to turn on monetization for your channel just to have custom thumbnails. When I did it, all my videos became monetized and I had to demonetize them one by one. As a small channel, and someone who hates advertising in general, I just can't see forcing people to watch ads.
That would really suck dude!
Luckily, I don't have that issue. I already read beforehand what you guys were saying about it.
But just saying...
That would SUCK.

But besides that point.
I used to have monetization on for some of my first videos. I really didn't know what I was doing, so eh. xD

I'm turning it ON as soon as I reach 1k views a day. Don't see the point of doing it with 20 daily views. You'd earn like... 50 cents a month? Come on, get real lads...

i agree with this. unless i am going to be getting $500+ per month on YT money. it's simply not worth having ads on.

I'm unsure if anybody feels the same as me but you see ALOT of the big youtubers have ads (obviously this is primarily their source of income) so that is understandable. What i can't understand is why small channels have ads turned on? Most videos get a few hundred or few thousands views but you are only talking of making like $1.

This is my personal opinion, i feel it's pointless to have the ads on as it turns viewers away INSTANTLY if they have to sit through ads on a small channel where the content (might) not be very appealing.

Just my opinion guys! SMALL CHANNELS TURN ADS OFF YOU WILL GET BETTER INTERACTION, RETENTION AND SHARES :)

This is seriously how I feel. Also, when you're watching big youtubers and there is an ad playing first I'm like: "Yeah I'll wait" because I know their content will be worth watching the ad. However, when I'm watching a smaller channel that I don't (or barely) know I'm like... no this is not worth it. So basically, turn of your ads!

I'm turning it ON as soon as I reach 1k views a day. Don't see the point of doing it with 20 daily views. You'd earn like... 50 cents a month? Come on, get real lads...

You have no subs, no views, and no videos on your channel. When do you plan on reaching 1k views a day?

Just wondering what you consider a small youtuber?

We have always had ads on, and that's a good thing because we are now bringing in a few hundred a month. The first few months we may not have been paid, but the money accumulated in the adsense account until we reached the threshold.

With the time and effort we put into this (even in the beginning) you should be taking whatever trickle down payments you can until the threshold is reached.
You will get there if you keep putting in time and effort. Eventually you will be getting paid every month.

You have no subs, no views, and no videos on your channel. When do you plan on reaching 1k views a day?
This is not my main channel. I'm thinking about not even using this one at all.
I'm not reaching 1k daily on the main one any soon either as I started literally couple days ago.

Back