WilliamRayWalters

I Love YTtalk
Hey guys,

So I have a quasi-semi-viral video that has just shy of 300k views since last Sunday (I typically don't consider videos viral unless they have a million views in a short amount of time though). I was contacted by Break.com to license and/or buy my video and I told them no. I noticed my video was added anyway to their website but I figured since it was embedded I would enjoy the extra ad revenue and not make a bother about it. Then I noticed that no ads appear on any of the Youtube videos embedded on their site.
Are website owners allowed to block ads on embedded youtube videos? If someone could double check Break's site that would be great also. I've checked on 3 browsers.

Does anyone know more about this?

Checked several videos with chrome - no ads. But aren't embedded videos notorious with their extremely low revenues. I don't think Google likes to waste valuable ads on such websites.

yeah ads don't work in embedded video's, but the watcher can click the youtube icon to view your channel.
there's nothing you can do about it but you can turn off the ability for anyone to embed your video's bu dis-allowing embedding of your video's, then it will just be a fuzzy screen, so you might want to do that with that video.

I have to start paying better attention to such things lol. I do know for a fact that I've seen at the very least, overlay ads on embedded videos. Maybe it's just not as common as I thought.

oh yeah, i've seen that overlay thing come up too, maybe it's just that you need to be on youtube itself for the skipable ads to show.

Back