Should you pay to promote your videos?

It entirely depends on whether you have the extra cash and knowlege of SEO targeting to do so.

Personally I will occasionally use Adwords. I stick £5 on the video I feel will do the best with the broadest audience and then tailor it to target my specific audience and age/gender demographic :) I've had some okay results just doing that, a pretty decent retention time, a few new subscribers and a couple of hundred views for my troubles :) (I've only recently started using adwords in the last 3 months or so) realistically if your thinking of promoting through Adwords to make it big or as an instant means to an end (I.E your thinking if you promote you'll get tons of views and subs pretty quickly) then im afraid it may not be for you. I personally consider it a lucky bonus if I get even a sub or 2 out of the deal. I take the views that come with it as kind of a given...I work full time so throwing £5 a month at possibly growing my channel a bit is something im okay with. if you cant budget for it though I'd highly reccommend not doing it :)

Some sites like fiverr.com or seoclerk.com promotes getting likes, comments, subscribers and views in a very short time with small investment...which i do NOT think is good ...you may be tempted to try them but if you do - use another spare account which you do not monetize with....i am not sure using sub4sub groups is a good idea too..

Just make good content and BE PATIENT. If your content is [emoji91] and you put a video out every week and no one subscribes...then yeah get your wallet out you need some help. Smash it for 12 months first though. It doesn’t matter how good a video is, if i go on their channel and its newish with an upload every few weeks, i aint subbin. People want to know there will be something to subscribe to. Make content, share it on your social media, make more content rinse and repeat. Go get involved in other peoples content. I’ve edited clips for people on instagram for the sake of getting them interested. A lot of work for 1 sub, but every subscriber is worth making content for...obviously. Do what you do, and do it a lot, for a long time. If that doesnt work, yeah, pay for promotion to try get a boost, surely you want to know if you can make it on your skills alone though??? Come on man

Oh yeah and i only have 55 subs after 5 months of uploading weekly, but i earned every one myself and 2 of them joined today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have promoted my channel trailer recently (my 2nd test using AdWords) these are the results.

Views CPV Cost Impr. View rate Earned views Earned likes Earned subscribers Cost per sub
5,771 £0.01 £57.65 241,785 2.39% 195 46 78 £0.73

My first AdWords experiment gave me a £1.60 cost per sub, so with a few optimizations, I improved things.

Like you, I am a tiny channel but without AdWords I would have at least 100 less subs than I currently do!

As @TYTD said, only speculate with small amounts if you can afford it. Oh, and don't expect this to be a good investment for future AdSense revenue. I will be monetizing my audience outside of YouTube using my website and marketing assets. (for eventual marketing consultancy). You'll never break even if your goal is YouTube AdSense monetization.

Some sites like fiverr.com or seoclerk.com promotes getting likes, comments, subscribers
Be carefull with sites like fiverr ans seoclerk (when it comes to promoting videos) some of the things they do can actually damage your channel and at best it will have no effect at all. (of course it will look like your channel got a lot of subscribers/views)..That being said you can find very good video-promoters out there:up2: Adwords can help but good content and patience will get you a long way:)

Be carefull with sites like fiverr ans seoclerk (when it comes to promoting videos) some of the things they do can actually damage your channel and at best it will have no effect at all. (of course it will look like your channel got a lot of subscribers/views)..That being said you can find very good video-promoters out there:up2: Adwords can help but good content and patience will get you a long way:)

Can you let us know ....if there are any you can recommend ?

Back