Should you do 2 part videos?

In theory, I think watch time would trump retention percentage, so one longer video would theoretically do better in the algorithm...

But with that said, YouTube also values session time, and series, and depending how you brand the videos, having two could give you a potential to reach more viewers through slightly different SEO/thumbnails...

So ultimately, I'd say do whatever makes the most sense for your viewers. If you think one long video would seem arduous or off-brand, do 2. If you think they like long-form content and you'd rather present an uninterrupted video, do one.

I like to break my videos up when I can separate them by topic, but if it's literally a continuation of the exact same narrative (and turnaround time isn't an issue), I'd prefer them to be one. Just my thoughts!

If you think your content too long then you can apply this video series on 2 part or more. I heard that series video content get more engagement and more views. If content quality full then visitors always waiting for the next series.

I actually just created a 4 part how to series and it was like 52 minutes long as one video. So I broke it up. But, I have also considered uploading it as the full 52 minute version as well. Not sure what to do. I like that each of my videos is a different topic within the topic so I may attract more viewers or different viewers for each video.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Back