:) We have the same exact phone.
I understand when you say "I'm not that happy with it" Because I wanted to record clips of me at work and my phone is the easiest thing to sneak and capture a few clips with. But when I looked back at the footage I just decided not to upload it.

I would say just upload the footage that you have. Because in the future when you look back on your videos it'll be fun to watch.
I'm going to end this with a quote:
"Started from the bottom now we here" -Drake

Just go for it :) You don't need all the equipment to make good content. Sure, expensive stuff can help your video look fancy and high quality, but that is nothing without experience. So just go for it, do as many videos as you want and learn as you go. Content is king :)

:) We have the same exact phone.
I understand when you say "I'm not that happy with it" Because I wanted to record clips of me at work and my phone is the easiest thing to sneak and capture a few clips with. But when I looked back at the footage I just decided not to upload it.

I would say just upload the footage that you have. Because in the future when you look back on your videos it'll be fun to watch.
I'm going to end this with a quote:
"Started from the bottom now we here" -Drake
Thanks for the advice :) Yeah I am gonna continue uploading :)[DOUBLEPOST=1473778834,1473778813][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just go for it :) You don't need all the equipment to make good content. Sure, expensive stuff can help your video look fancy and high quality, but that is nothing without experience. So just go for it, do as many videos as you want and learn as you go. Content is king :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to advice me :) !!

U don't need brand new state of the art expensive gear. If when u upgrade u can get really quality second hand camera gear for as cheap as 200 if u look good enough. I'm thinking the Sony rx100 and the equivalent cannon compact vlogger cam. U will prob be more motivated to create if u invest a bit of money...I spent 20k before getting results good luck

U don't need brand new state of the art expensive gear. If when u upgrade u can get really quality second hand camera gear for as cheap as 200 if u look good enough. I'm thinking the Sony rx100 and the equivalent cannon compact vlogger cam. U will prob be more motivated to create if u invest a bit of money...I spent 20k before getting results good luck
WOW 20K?? Thats a lot of money !!
Thanks for taking the time to answer :) I will check out the sony rx100 !! :) Do you know any good second hand websites??

WOW 20K?? Thats a lot of money !!
Thanks for taking the time to answer :) I will check out the sony rx100 !! :) Do you know any good second hand websites??

I'm in Australia and searched on Gumtree and eBay before buying the Sony which my gf has been using for her own vlog channel. It's a good camera but I believe the Canon is a bit more budget friendly. Yeah was alot of money but that's over quite some time, about 5 computers, maybe 7 video cameras now and an endless amount of hours it hurts to think about bit I'm happy with the result

Hi, I was wondering a few things and hopefully you guys can help !

I am currently self employed and don't really have enough money to buy all the great equipment and stuff so up until now I have filmed a few videos on my phone ( Samsung Grand Prime) and the quality isn't the great but I want to wait until I have the money to buy a good camera and a mic. I Am editing videos in Windows movie maker and I am not really happy with it but I don't want to invest in a lot of things until I can you know?

What do you guys think, is it a bad idea to continue filming on my phone ? I think its better to just do it and than as I can save up I can start buying the things I need.

Any advice or suggestion is highly appreciated !!

Lots of Love, Linda

The great thing about running your own channel is just that; it's your channel, and you're totally in charge of your content, and how you present it. You have all the time in the world to save up for new programs and better gear, there's absolutely no rush whatsoever. I would stick with your phone, save, and then get the stuff you *really* want. Your content is appreciated all the same, regardless of whether it's recorded on a phone, or with a gopro. Your channel won't just stop developing and expanding if you choose to wait a little while!

I don't think it hurts to keep doing videos with your phone, but it will help quality to one day step up with your equipment. :)

If you want a decent set up for audio/video, try a Canon t5i and a RODE shotgun mic. That's what I use and it never lets me down, if I ever need a change (visually) then I just get a new lens. :)

Back