Should i use reddit to promote my videos?

Cam Kirkham

I've Got It
Hi everyone! I was just wondering if it is worth promoting my videos on sub reddits I've heard mixed reviews so have generally stayed away but a lot of people have said thats where most of their subscribers/ views come from?

Just wanting to know if anyone has gained subscribers using it and if so is it a large amount worth noting or just a small amount?

Thanks a lot guys and good luck with your channels!!

Create an account today and spend a good week to a month commenting and posting other people's contents to build up your karma. Lol don't be like me who got my first account shadow banned. Your channel can blow up if you know how to use reddit correctly. So take the time to learn everything about it. Read articles, past threads in this forum, watch videos and play around with the site. I would have probably quit by now if it wasn't for Reddit.

Other posters have already commented to this point, but you should think of the different subreddits as communities that want good content to engage in. So, you should participate in those communities to see what sort of content is appreciated, then post stuff that you think would also be appreciated. This should *mostly* be other people's stuff, but if you think something you've done would also be well accepted, then go ahead and post it!

But if you look at Reddit as a place where you can just post your links and not engage, you're not going to have a good time.

I hear it doesn't really help much. I've tried it before and saw no results so...best thing is just join forums like this and talk, give advice, be helpful!
Thats what i was thinking it seems a lot easier to engage with others on yttalk![DOUBLEPOST=1467801724,1467801703][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just try it once. I'd post something not of yours first and make some friends before i post though.
Thanks for the advice ill have a go see what happens![DOUBLEPOST=1467801767][/DOUBLEPOST]
Create an account today and spend a good week to a month commenting and posting other people's contents to build up your karma. Lol don't be like me who got my first account shadow banned. Your channel can blow up if you know how to use reddit correctly. So take the time to learn everything about it. Read articles, past threads in this forum, watch videos and play around with the site. I would have probably quit by now if it wasn't for Reddit.
Thanks for the reply means a lot. Thats great advice ill be sure to do that i wasn't thinking of that before hand! Appreciate it![DOUBLEPOST=1467801798][/DOUBLEPOST]
Reddit's a good spot to share your content. But like the other people said, make sure you contribute before you post your own content. Don't just post and leave.
Yeah i didn't think about that ill be make sure to do that! Good luck with your channel![DOUBLEPOST=1467801832][/DOUBLEPOST]
Me personally, reddit gets me the most views out of any other websites. But the things is people on reddit is very umm out spoken to say the least. So yea go for it!
Thanks a lot man thats interesting and yeah ill have a go at it to see what happens![DOUBLEPOST=1467801878][/DOUBLEPOST]
Other posters have already commented to this point, but you should think of the different subreddits as communities that want good content to engage in. So, you should participate in those communities to see what sort of content is appreciated, then post stuff that you think would also be appreciated. This should *mostly* be other people's stuff, but if you think something you've done would also be well accepted, then go ahead and post it!

But if you look at Reddit as a place where you can just post your links and not engage, you're not going to have a good time.
Thanks a lot man some great points i can take on board there! Good luck with your channel!

Depends. If you find some good subreddits where you could post a specific video of yours then it could work out great. Make sure to put effort in the post and not just chuck it here and there on Reddit. Reddit is really toxic so be very careful with what you post and where you post it!

Depends. If you find some good subreddits where you could post a specific video of yours then it could work out great. Make sure to put effort in the post and not just chuck it here and there on Reddit. Reddit is really toxic so be very careful with what you post and where you post it!
Thanks a lot man ill be sure to be careful thanks for the advice really appreciate it!

Back