Should i upload in personal or brand channel?

Peyote

Reaction score
I created youtube account in 2011 and gmail in between 2012-2013 before youtube and google account merged to one. So right now i have two channel in 1 google account, 1 is personal channel that i get from gmail/google account and one is brand channel from youtube account i was created back in 2011. Because i have two channel in 1 account, I am kinda confuse where should i upload my video and also there couple of question i would like to ask to you guys.
1. Can both of my channel receive adsense/money ?
2. Is it possible to upload separate video? for ex : i want to upload my personal video in my personal channel and my gaming video in brand channel.
3. What is difference between these two?

Thank you.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I created youtube account in 2011 and gmail in between 2012-2013 before youtube and google account merged to one. So right now i have two channel in 1 google account, 1 is personal channel that i get from gmail/google account and one is brand channel from youtube account i was created back in 2011. Because i have two channel in 1 account, I am kinda confuse where should i upload my video and also there couple of question i would like to ask to you guys.
1. Can both of my channel receive adsense/money ?
2. Is it possible to upload separate video? for ex : i want to upload my personal video in my personal channel and my gaming video in brand channel.
3. What is difference between these two?

Thank you.
1) Yes, one adsense account can be associated to more than one channel (or website)
2) Yes. The only restriction is that you can't upload the same video to more than one channel. That is considered "duplicate content"
3) You and others can jointly manage a Brand Account through your own Google Accounts. You won’t need a separate username or password. Your account can have multiple owners and managers. You can't do that with a "personal channel"

Some links:

Peyote

Reaction score
1) Yes, one adsense account can be associated to more than one channel (or website)
2) Yes. The only restriction is that you can't upload the same video to more than one channel. That is considered "duplicate content"
3) You and others can jointly manage a Brand Account through your own Google Accounts. You won’t need a separate username or password. Your account can have multiple owners and managers. You can't do that with a "personal channel"

Some links:
Thanks for the great explanation buddy. And one more thing, should i change my brand channel to personal channel ?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Thanks for the great explanation buddy. And one more thing, should i change my brand channel to personal channel ?
That's up to you to decide. I think the brand accounts offer more flexibility. What if your channel really blows up and you need a team to have access to your channel?

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I'm considering converting my personal channel to a brand channel since I'm still starting out. As I understand it the only thing that won't carry over is comments I've made using my personal name but subs, likes and views will all transfer.

The many reason is I'd like to change the name of my channel and I don't think I have much leeway between two word phrases with a personal one. I assume most people here are using brand channels?

Gediphoto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm considering converting my personal channel to a brand channel since I'm still starting out. As I understand it the only thing that won't carry over is comments I've made using my personal name but subs, likes and views will all transfer.

The many reason is I'd like to change the name of my channel and I don't think I have much leeway between two word phrases with a personal one. I assume most people here are using brand channels?
I'm thinking exactly the same thing, converting from personal to brand! But I'm worried that my hard earned 37 subs won't be transferred (I don't have any comments, so no worries there). Will you try and see what happens?

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I'm thinking exactly the same thing, converting from personal to brand! But I'm worried that my hard earned 37 subs won't be transferred (I don't have any comments, so no worries there). Will you try and see what happens?
Haha, you first! But seriously I watched several videos and it seems clear that everything transfers over to your brand account (except comments you made). So subs, views and all your other stats transfer over.

Reactions: Gediphoto

Gediphoto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Haha, you first! But seriously I watched several videos and it seems clear that everything transfers over to your brand account (except comments you made). So subs, views and all your other stats transfer over.
Ha ha! And here I thought you were a risk taker ;) I'll try it soon. Also, I'm so jealous of the landscapes in the states, saw your Mt Whiteface hike and had to subscribe. Here in Sweden (Stockholm), its FLAT. My hiking (and photography) will never be epic as long I don't travel north :)

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Ha ha! And here I thought you were a risk taker ;) I'll try it soon. Also, I'm so jealous of the landscapes in the states, saw your Mt Whiteface hike and had to subscribe. Here in Sweden (Stockholm), its FLAT. My hiking (and photography) will never be epic as long I don't travel north :)
Thanks much for the sub and yes, I'm very fortunate to have the mountains only four hours away (though I live in the smallest state - Rhode Island - and we view anything over an hour as an arduous journey). Still I wish I lived up in New Hampshire so it wasn't a once-a-month thing.

I'm pretty much ready to pull the trigger on a brand page but first I need to figure out what the name is going to be!