• Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Should i upload in personal or brand channel?

Peyote

Reaction score
I created youtube account in 2011 and gmail in between 2012-2013 before youtube and google account merged to one. So right now i have two channel in 1 google account, 1 is personal channel that i get from gmail/google account and one is brand channel from youtube account i was created back in 2011. Because i have two channel in 1 account, I am kinda confuse where should i upload my video and also there couple of question i would like to ask to you guys.
1. Can both of my channel receive adsense/money ?
2. Is it possible to upload separate video? for ex : i want to upload my personal video in my personal channel and my gaming video in brand channel.
3. What is difference between these two?

Thank you.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I created youtube account in 2011 and gmail in between 2012-2013 before youtube and google account merged to one. So right now i have two channel in 1 google account, 1 is personal channel that i get from gmail/google account and one is brand channel from youtube account i was created back in 2011. Because i have two channel in 1 account, I am kinda confuse where should i upload my video and also there couple of question i would like to ask to you guys.
1. Can both of my channel receive adsense/money ?
2. Is it possible to upload separate video? for ex : i want to upload my personal video in my personal channel and my gaming video in brand channel.
3. What is difference between these two?

Thank you.
1) Yes, one adsense account can be associated to more than one channel (or website)
2) Yes. The only restriction is that you can't upload the same video to more than one channel. That is considered "duplicate content"
3) You and others can jointly manage a Brand Account through your own Google Accounts. You won’t need a separate username or password. Your account can have multiple owners and managers. You can't do that with a "personal channel"

Some links:

Peyote

Reaction score
1) Yes, one adsense account can be associated to more than one channel (or website)
2) Yes. The only restriction is that you can't upload the same video to more than one channel. That is considered "duplicate content"
3) You and others can jointly manage a Brand Account through your own Google Accounts. You won’t need a separate username or password. Your account can have multiple owners and managers. You can't do that with a "personal channel"

Some links:
Thanks for the great explanation buddy. And one more thing, should i change my brand channel to personal channel ?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Thanks for the great explanation buddy. And one more thing, should i change my brand channel to personal channel ?
That's up to you to decide. I think the brand accounts offer more flexibility. What if your channel really blows up and you need a team to have access to your channel?